Induction

Ive taken it off to clean the engine bay and it did sound awesome but wouldnt risk it whilst driving along, something gets in the engine and goes bang and Mr Renault dealer isnt guna touch it with a barge pole, especially if its water.

Takin the front off the airbox means that any bits of **** can go through the air intake system, the cover is there for a reason!!!

If you look at it you can see that you are not bypassing the filter at all, it just opens the space before the filter. The only thing that happens is that you are sucking hotter air, but that's all. I've looked at it several times and done it a couple of them, and I can assure you there's not a problem with that as it only opens the chamber that is before the filter.

If you look at it you can see that you are not bypassing the filter at all, it just opens the space before the filter. The only thing that happens is that you are sucking hotter air, but that's all. I've looked at it several times and done it a couple of them, and I can assure you there's not a problem with that as it only opens the chamber that is before the filter.

Hmmm, still not sure if im honest, would rather not risk it and cause problems. I want a nice induction noise but its a bit noisy after a while. Plus the issue with water is still exactly the same, hence why the cover is on there.

there was one on here had a remap with induction kit, still didnt make as much power as the standard set up.

I didnt say all induction kits would then make a gain, I just said it NEEDS a remap to work properly. It all comes down to what you are running. As I said, I could put a kit together for circa £150 that with a remap would see gains.

If you guys want the sound of an induction kit just take the lid of the airbox off. Is way cheaper than any induction kit and you would get the same performace gains as with other induction kits, none.

If someone proves me that there's an induction kit that actually makes power I would buy it, no matter what it cost (if it is in a reasolable price range, not like the Clio R3 airbox that costs several hundred pounds), but as no one shows that I'll stay with my standard airbox.

Takin the front off the airbox means that any bits of **** can go through the air intake system, the cover is there for a reason!!!

What Turu says is correct.

ive been thinking of the espace v6 air box they use on the 172/182s but with the 197s powerband being different, incorperate a second inlet to the airbox housing, connect both the standard hoses (or slightly modify) from the front grill and the valve above the wheel arch, matbe a hit or miss thou.

well the jms set up (Espace V6 airbox) on the 172/182s were getting around 10bhp difference from standard. and you can pick these up from renault pretty cheap.

theres no harm in trying new set ups . i am running a different set up havent had it mapped or RR yet to see what power im making or not

Oh seen that at FCS, alot of effort went into that but heard he had good results. Ran a little lean though i understand due to a sensor being unplugged from the auxillary air inlet???

the way i have it set up is very simalar same red top 15 battery just different silicon bends and caf mine dosent seem to be running lean but that only gonig by spark plug colouration!