In the dealers yet again!

Brakes this time,rear caliper seized up:thumbdown:
Not had this 197 5 months yet but this is the 6th time it's had to go in for something or the other.

They said they will sort it today i rang at 2 o'clock to see whats what and got told they haven't even looked at it and maybe not till next week now.

courtesy car not a ka this time but a Twingo 1.2:thumbup:

Ah well

Phil

this is a common thing mate. wouldnt even bother giving it to them. usually happens when its cold, just leave it in gear if you can. happened to me once. youll finf the rear pads stick sometimes as well, nothing to worry about, its the clios 'character' lol

They do stick sometimes i know but i was getting a loud squeal whilst going along and when i got home after a 20 mile drive one side was very hot didn't seem normal so i took it in.

Heard of a few doing this. I hope mine doesn't do it, but the car has only done 7500 miles this year and I'm guessing it will effect low milers worse as the brake is on for more of the time.

Mine were sticking every morning for the last few weeks so i just cleaned the rear calipers and pads and they were fine. 1 pad was stuck and didnt actualy move so obviously didnt get used... ill start cleaning them more often! :wink:

Leave mine just in gear if on flat or i think it safe.

If the cars been left for over a few hours parked with the hand brake on just before setting off or while stationary on flat ground a few firm pumps of the break pedal free's the pads and calipers up a bit.

My pads were sticking lots, but after i gave the car a good wash them seem to have stopped.

Chinny, did you remove the calipers from around the disc to clean or leave them in position?

Yeah it is an annoy, but common problem unfortunately. With all of the salt and crud on the roads at the moment the problem is even worse. I will be stripping and cleaning the front and rear brakes in Feb (hopefully the weather will be improving then) last time I did this it fixed all the problems I had with squeaking and sticking so IMO it is well worth a few hours work

I removed them from the disc, cleaned and greased up & refitted, i was going to do the fronts but the pins wouldnt budge & it started chipping paint :worried: ill try it with better tools soon

Mine has carpeted luxury garage, and it still seizes, so I always leave her in gear in her warm, snug home :smile:

Hope they sort it out soon dude :smile: