In need of a fancy socket.....

.....But do they exist?

I need to remove the top mount centre nut after fitting the KWs to drop a washer in there to stop it from knocking.

However. The 200 has the new top mount design and the hole is so small there isn't clearance for a swan necked spanner.

What I need is a 18mm socket, with and external hex (like a spark plug socket) but with a big enough hole down the middle to get a socket on the 8mm shaft to stop it rotating.

Anyone know of such thing or am I going to have to go to the machine shop at work and come up with something myself?

When I first changed mine to v1s we couldn't get that bolt off so took the whole leg to a local little garage/tyre place.
they took the bolt off no trouble and for free.
could try driving to your local place and seeing if they'll just whip the bolt off.?

Not just use a ring spanner for the nuts and hold the shaft with the socket? Full of the innuendos :wink:

Couldn't just grind down the outer edge of the spanner? I had to do this on my last last car but then again I have plenty of old spanners lying around so not too worried about ruining one :smile:

Get a old 18mm Socket and get a good bite on it with a set of stilsons and a long Allen key done the centre will do the trick that's how we have done it in 4 different clios

Not taking the leg off again. Lol.

The shaft of the shock rotates as you turn the nut.

No Allen key in the too, they are v3s with a hex on top.

Suppose I could grind away a spanner.....

Same problem on my mk6 golf bibilstein I used a spark it socket with a hex on the outside and was able to get a 1/4 drive ratchet extension with spline bit through the centre to hold the shaft while I uses a spanner in the hex socket to loosen the nut.

you can get specific sockets with a cut out on he side to get an Allen key in also

Similar Thread Suggestions