Impact Wrench

New DeWalt 18v 4.0aH is the mutts nuts mate, one should be due to come off demo van for me soon :smile: can price ya one up if ya interested :tongueout:

I've got a Clarke plug in one, it's worked on everything I've thrown at it so far. It was only about £65.

I've got a Makita one mate and its a total bad ass, we've used it in all kinds of conditions at work for the last few years and its been spot on, cheaper than the equivalent Dewalt unless Andy does you a good deal?

Andy you sell much of this stuff, our tool kits at work are getting a sparse :wink: ?

Yeah sell loads of it, Jonesy will be Monday morning first job if that's ok? Do ya want some alternatives too?

Just taken delivery of my new one today.... mmmm sex wee time when I opened the box!

DeWalt have the dogs dangleys in their new toys range but they hurt the wallet too much :worried:

That's the one I have (the corded Clarke one on the first link).

I managed to change a front spring on a Ford KA in under 15 minutes using that! lol that included jacking it up, removing the wheel etc.

I've not come across a nut/bolt that it can't budge yet.

really noob question here lol but will it not over tighten the nuts on the wheel? Sory if thats dumb :smiley:

using them the "correct" way - you run up the nut/bolt then do the final tightening by either spanner or torque wrench! not as you see in most "quick-fit" places that just gun them up :argue:

Yeah I use them to crack the nuts off..... ooohh matron

When banging them back on I just zip them loosely with Impact Driver normally, not wrench as this has a lower torque range, drop car to ground and then torque them up. Although I've never done the clio yet so need to find out the torque settings. I always re-torque a week after having wheels off just incase.

That'll not be all that great. Check the torque ratings. 175NM for that one, 450NM for the one I have. That's a hell of a difference!