Impact of DOT 5.1 brake fluid

Hello,

The Clio is nearly a year old, and I'm putting it on it's first service, because it does alot of short trips.

Now, I was thinking about upgrading it's brake fluid.
As it's my girlfriend's car I was wondering if there would be any impact on the normal use of the car? Will she notice this, while driving slowly?

Is there a brand / type I should consider?
Is this an expensive job to do?

Thank you in advance.

P.S. Could it be useful to change the engine oil too? If yes, is there any type/brand worth considering? (I know this should be in the engine section, but it would be stupid opening another thread for this )

Last edited:
Motul RBF600 or RBF660. DOT4.

IMHO.

Why do you prefer DOT4?

I guess DOT4 is put in the car as standard, right? I'm planning on using the car regularly on track, and I didn't feel 100% confident on the Nurburgring when pushing it hard last summer, therefor I thought opting for DOT5.1 would be a good choice?

Why do you prefer DOT4?

I guess DOT4 is put in the car as standard, right? I'm planning on using the car regularly on track, and I didn't feel 100% confident on the Nurburgring when pushing it hard last summer, therefor I thought opting for DOT5.1 would be a good choice?

Just compare dry/wet boiling points between the ones I recommended to you and between the 5.1 you want.

If you want the best but most expensive, go for the Castrol SRF.

Similar Thread Suggestions