im staying

dangerdaz

Platinum Member
Guys
Looks like your stuck with me! The .r thing fell thru.
Tbh not bothered..and having driven to France n back for 4 days i thoroughly enjoyed the lil white beast! 8)

Some things are just ment to be daz, just like new cams ;-)

Funny you should say that..
I had a clear plan before..but now not so sure.
Can either...
A: Strip it n go for lightness..can save over 60kgs!

B: Get schrick cams fitted!

Thoughts?

We need to stop talking about stripping the cars!!!! It's a sure fire way for me to fill my garage yet again!!!

Cams all the way, forged pistons, rods and throttle bodies. I have a compete build in mind but I'm gonna have to save quite a bit, or the missus needs to cut down on handbags and shoes. Lol

Last edited:
Both? :smiley:

There's 200kg of dead weight in the road cars.

Wow...but im thinking no rear seat, lighter front seats, carbon door cards & stereo removal & lightweight battery. That combined with other bits equates to 63kg.
What else could be done that WOULDNT inhibit the integrity if i wanted to put it back to std?

You can remove any sound deadening which will probably be another 5-10kg, remove rear wiper and motor (3kg?), lighter alloys (10kg?), remove the jack etc. if you have one (5kg?) etc. etc.

^^^Well mines standard the running a supercharger.

Lol! That's enough said! :wink:

Weight saving is a great idea. I myself am just not sure I could go down that road again though. Sure did help the feel of my saxo when I had it though!

Posted this in another thread but worth repeating for anyone looking at weight saving.

Best place to start after removing any obvious items is anything that rotates. Removing 1kg from a wheel can be quivalent to removing 9-10kg from the body.

Same goes for flywheel and clutch.

Maths found here:

http://www.pumaracing.co.uk/FLYWHEEL.htm

Replacing all the rotating parts ain't cheap though!

unsprung weight is a good place to start also, lighter alloys should make a difference.

rear seats, interior trim, carpets, non esential motors. Best bit about removing these is it costs nothing. =D

Good to hear you staying mate. You already have the lightweight Ultraleggeras so your sorted there.

If stripping the interior I would go down the same route as the R26.R (With the exception of plastic windows if you wanna sell the car later on). I'd keep the rear door cars etc and any exposed metal would be carpeted (With that lightweight stuff) to keep it looking nice.

As a daly driver, an empty rattly shell would get annoying. Carbon front door cards are also very cool. I'm sure Simo has some in his 197?

could always break out the hole saw if you've nothing else you can remove ...

not seen anyone take it to the extreme on here yet.