Centre information display staying lit with car locked and no audio.

this morning my radio stopped working, illuminates on the power button but doesn't switch on. No problem really as I'm planning to change it. Just ce to my car after work and noticed the clock and radio display still lit. Car still started after 9 hours luckily. I'll have a good look at the weekend, but anyone aware of any issues, possibly linking the two faults? Obviously the display recieves data from the radio, so I'm hoping it's just down to the possible failure of that.

Any advice would be great. Chris.

Sounds familiar...

I've had this same problem with the head unit and display a few times since, Renault said it was the cold and a known fault on some other models, Laguna iirc? I was unplugging and plugging it back in again via the ISO leads at the back... Seems to hold out for a few months then reoccur, I've arranged to have it replaced under warranty the next time it goes and I can get it to the dealer.

Last edited:
Excellent, I did think it could be cold weather related, it's the first cold spell Ive had with the car. Battery is off at the moment. Saves me having to diagnose it, last thing I want to do when it's my day job!