Exhaust centre box blowing.

Hi, the exhaust has started blowing really badly, I had a look underneath it today, and it’s from the weld going into the centre box.
I’m wondering if this the perfect excuse to fit an uprated system. Which systems do people recommend ?
i’ve seen gravity ones on the bay which look half decent from the photos, and are cheap compared to the roadrunner/ scorpion ones. The pure motorsport ones look great, but don’t seem to be in stock.
Is there any performance benefits to be gained from any of the above, or shall I just get the standard exhaust repaired/ centre box replaced?
I need to get the car mapped soon anyway to cure the terrible flat spot it currently has, so a change of exhaust now would make sense if it’s going to be of any benefit

thanks Chris

I have scorpion non res cat back and a toyosports manifold, can't comment on power gains until I get my car mapped on the 25th but the sound is holy (if you're into that).

Reactions: Clio chris 197
Easy DIY if you have an angle grinder?

Yeah I’ve got grinders welders etc, I might try one of these. Is there one that could delete the secondary ( main) cat at the same time?
My only reservation is that I’ve read that just deleting the centre box can make the flat spot worse? Mines already pretty terrible. If it can be Mapped out then I’m fine with that

Yeah I’ve got grinders welders etc, I might try one of these. Is there one that could delete the secondary ( main) cat at the same time?
My only reservation is that I’ve read that just deleting the centre box can make the flat spot worse? Mines already pretty terrible. If it can be Mapped out then I’m fine with that
Any exhaust mods will cause a flat-spot... Remapping is really the only way to eliminate the flat-spot, although it doesn't remove it completely. If you went for the gravity/toyosports catback exhaust, it's bolt-on from the manifold backwards. This eliminates the post-cat and middle box.

Reactions: Clio chris 197