Centre dashboard removal

I'm trying to remove my central dashboard so I can respray it. This is because it has discoloured over the years and I want to make it like new.
I've removed the stereo and I can unclip the top part easy (heating control area), but the bottom area which goes down to the cup holders just does not move! I don't want to force it and brake the clips.

Any advice please?

I'm trying to remove my central dashboard so I can respray it. This is because it has discoloured over the years and I want to make it like new.
I've removed the stereo and I can unclip the top part easy (heating control area), but the bottom area which goes down to the cup holders just does not move! I don't want to force it and brake the clips.

Any advice please?
You need to remove the centre console to be able to get to the lower part... it just simply pulls out then

ive just removed mine if you do break it

Reactions: WilFul
The top half of the dash will come off there are screws and nuts to remove and don't just pull it or you will break a lot more than your fixing are you serious about repainting the dash on a 197 F1 not just use plastic restorer. If I put up instructions I will put it in the "How to" section but you will need to be a member to see it and the for sale sections if you want.

Reactions: WilFul
The top half of the dash will come off there are screws and nuts to remove and don't just pull it or you will break a lot more than your fixing are you serious about repainting the dash on a 197 F1 not just use plastic restorer. If I put up instructions I will put it in the "How to" section but you will need to be a member to see it and the for sale sections if you want.
I’d like to know how to remove this if you’re doing a guide :thumb:

OK I pulled a 197 apart a week ago the only thing left on the shell was brake master cylinder and the dashboard steel frame. The service manual has instructions also.

Reactions: Addison