interior LEDs staying lit

hit a small pot hole as i was going around a corner... now my interior LED bulbs stay very very slightly on when they should be off completely?! can anyone tell me where to start looking? lol they go off when i get out and lock the car

If the OP is saying it wasn't doing it before though... surely something must be amiss? - I've never had LED bulbs stay on slightly in any of my cars! Be it external number plate ones or internal lights, which your more likely to notice.

Best way to check is get a multi meter, remove one of the bulbs and see if there is still a slight voltage over the pins in the fitting, if there is I'd suspect maybe a dodgy earth or an earth strap. Not sure where they are on the Clios though there will be a few in the engine bay but it's more likely to be a smaller one on the interior somewhere. Usually they are onto the metal work of the car so foot well sort of area.

If the OP is saying it wasn't doing it before though... surely something must be amiss? - I've never had LED bulbs stay on slightly in any of my cars! Be it external number plate ones or internal lights, which your more likely to notice.

Best way to check is get a multi meter, remove one of the bulbs and see if there is still a slight voltage over the pins in the fitting, if there is I'd suspect maybe a dodgy earth or an earth strap. Not sure where they are on the Clios though there will be a few in the engine bay but it's more likely to be a smaller one on the interior somewhere. Usually they are onto the metal work of the car so foot well sort of area.

me neither, I've had them in over a year. They were brighter when i first hit the pot hole but now they are very slightly on... doesn't bother me to much but in the dark its a bit annoying. will check them over with a multi meter from work and then look around for any earth points. if anyone knows where they are that would be great!

Is a strange one, it might be a long shot with the earths but worth checking. Could also check the fuse boxs for anything loose but can't see it being that.

Use had leds light interior but car didn't like it so I put back to standard. I think it will damage some things.

It's perfectly fine for them to stay on. Normal lights won't stay on because of their high resistance. Plenty of other people experiencing the same thing from doing a quick search on google

Same here, nothing to worry about.

the leds just need lot's less energy to be lit, so any amount of 'leaking' energy will allow them to be lit a bit

Similar Thread Suggestions