How to remove inlet manifold?

I'm new at all this modification malarky, but the first thing I am looking to do on my 197 is to tidy up the engine bay. Can anyone post a guide on how to remove the intake manifold? I have removed all bolts and disconnected cabling but it is still sitting in, solid as a rock.
Cheers guys.

Are you sure you have removed ALL the bolts ? If so it may be being held on by a gasket. I have not removed mine on the Clio but on other cars I have worked on the gasket can really stick the manifold to the mating face. Someone will know how many bolts hold it on and will no doubt let you know.

I took out all the bolts along the front, the bolt in the centre, the two bolts at the back and removed the throttle body but it still felt solid. I didn't want to try and force it in case I had left something connected and I pulled it off since this is my daily car and can't afford to have it off the road at the moment!

Where are the two steel dowels? Do I need to remove these or just prise them off?
And the 2 in line with the throttle body - do you mean the two that are on plastic mounts?
If someone could post a picture of everything I need to remove it would make life a lot easier for my simple mind :thumbsup:

If there are dowels they will be half in the face of the head and half in the manifold . You may have to "tap" the manifold to break the seal then it will pull off the dowels

Did you manage to get this off? I had mine off yesterday for the map sensor breaking and falling into the manifold :oops: Does take a prise to break the seal, Look below the throttle body and there is a numb which you can get a large screw driver or a crow bar in. Also remember to unscrew the dip stick from the upper bit of the manifold.