How to attach Cup spoiler?

N0ddie

Platinum Member
As above. Had a look for a tutorial but cant find one.

I'm looking to have one ordered tomorrow then painted etc, but I'd like to know how easy it is to fit onto the car? I'm hoping that it just bolts on?

Anyone done it that can instruct how to do it?

I just recently bought mine, as I used to work for the Renault dealer I asked how easy it was to put on, and the honest answer I got was I wouldnt try do it yourself as it involves drilling into the original spoiler then having adhesive applied.

I got one of the bodyshop guys to fit it 'out of hours' took him a couple of hours and it cost me £40.

I was also told to avoid getting it wet as the adhesive takes 3-4 hours to set.

Word of advice: the silver screws what come with the spoiler direct from Renault need to be replaced by black ones as the silver ones stick out like sore thumbs, shame they just dont send the right colour.

i did mine myself with a little help from my dad to hold it in place...it relativley easy to fit but its one of those things if u do get it wrong could be a pain to fix...i never used any adhesive on mine. just the the sticky foam things that came with it and then just painted and bare metal from drilling the holes so it doesnt rust.

Lmao ^^^^^ I know..... Next person to fit please do a "how to" post

Noddie u having ures black?

when i can remove the WELL bonded dynamique S spoiler (hopefully by close of play today) ill be fitting my cup spoiler so ill post some step by step pics on it folks

Any info on this????

My Cup Spoiler is currently being sprayed, due to fit it towards the end of next week. Id appreciate any help regarding fitting as the booklet that came with it looks pretty damn hard to understand lol.

I would get someone to do it, you have to drill the bootlid. If they mess it up you can get them to pay to repair it.

Any info on this????

My Cup Spoiler is currently being sprayed, due to fit it towards the end of next week. Id appreciate any help regarding fitting as the booklet that came with it looks pretty damn hard to understand lol.

If you struggle to understand the booklet then I would seriously not be doing it myself.

Easy peasy guys 4 holes. I fitted my cup racer spoiler in 40 minutes.

If you struggle to understand the booklet then I would seriously not be doing it myself.

It will be my dad fitting it tbh. Ill be watching intently making sure everything is perfect :wink:

Ive only had a quick look over the booklet, just seems abit all over the place and not very informative. Im sure if I sat down and read it properly it would make sense, but just wanted to see if there was any guides out there which give easy step by step pointers.

From what I remember, you aint gonna get any more indepth than the fitting guide.

Just stick some masking tape on the bootlid so the drill doesnt slip!

Sound, cheers matey.

I think it come with some form of "tape" to get things in place. Ill have to have a proper read once ive got the spoiler back from the bodyshop.

Sound, cheers matey.

I think it come with some form of "tape" to get things in place. Ill have to have a proper read once ive got the spoiler back from the bodyshop.

You sure that's not the bonding that goes between the spoiler and lid?

it comes with stick on pads stick on peel spoiler off stickers stay in place then drill holes in marked location stickers . measure from first hole and drill 2nd ones

easy enough just make sure its a warm day so sticky pads stick .

did mine its not too bad too do