Holidays 2018..............

I've booked a few - Vegas, Santorini, Benidorm and a road trip to Switzerland, Austria, Italy & Bavaria.

Scotland trip for me in May. Got a rough itinerary planned but nothing booked as of yet.

Also booked 5 days again at christmas so will have 2 weeks off so hoping for a christmas holiday!

Reactions: Beany
Club Trip? I’m liking the sound of the response from you two!!

It’s always intrigued me, also now I’m driving something that I would thoroughly enjoy the journey in it’s something I’m really thinking about.

Yep, I am very open minded to doing a club trip up to the NC500! From past experience, that would be a whole lot of fun! Those roads are made for our kinds of cars, Ben, it's the ideal place IMO! You'd love it.

Cannot really recommend big citys at Italy. I have been 7 times there.
Go for countryside, lake garda and small villages.. or sicily is great. If i would go again, i would go Sicily. Trapani, Etna.. etc..
In Trapani you see that old Italy, it is so different than North Italy..

I have holidays 6 or 7 weeks scheduled for travel, but my wife does not. It is kind of stupid to travel alone. So no plans for this year.. :worried:
Usa would be me next destination, or Japan.
@Jimmy echo Antti. Lake Garda is brilliant, Lake Maggiore is even better.

Thanks guys, I would love to see more of Italy, rather than just Rome, and I intend to in the future, however this time the decision isn't just my own, so I need to be a bit more.... 'accommodating' :smile:

Reactions: Benno and Beany
Prague on sunday night. my mate split up with his missus who paid for it so i'm going for next to nothing ha ha

Reactions: Benno
@Jimmy we should have a look into it, I've been watching videos and it looks class.

Prague on sunday night. my mate split up with his missus who paid for it so i'm going for next to nothing ha ha

Now that's my kind of holiday. I think Prague would kill me though, heard so many brilliant stories.

Definitely @Benno . Chris, Pav and me did it a couple of years ago, so it's still fairly fresh in the mind. We were camping on a night, which did it make it a lot cheaper overall, and we still ate really well cos we stocked up at supermarkets on the way round :smile: Plenty of information on the web too about where to stay and visit etc, with it being an official tourist route.

Just sharing some photos of our little bank holiday trip to the Brecon Beacons. Covered about 35 km walking in 2.5 days (mostly up / down hill over rough terrain at best!) mainly in baking sun but it was SO worth the effort (and the sunburn!).

We only did one of the tourist hotspots (Four Falls walk) and my god it was busy. For the rest of it, we stayed away from the crowds and climbed away from civilisation. The hard work was rewarded with stunning scenery all to ourselves.

Photos are on the phone so usual disclaimers apply...

Starting with the walk up to Llyn Cwm Llwch. A glacial lake some way up the tallest mountain in southern Great Britain.

Llyn Cwm Llwch 2.jpg Llyn Cwn Llwch 1.jpg Llyn Cwm Llwch 3.jpg Llyn Cwm Llwch 4.jpg

Then the more easily accessed Llangorse Lake.

Llangorse Lake 1.jpg Llangorse Lake 2.jpg Llangorse Lake 3.jpg Llangorse Lake 4.jpg

And then another tough climb up to our second glacial lake, Llyn y Fan Fawr. One of the most beautiful sights I've seen and not another human in sight. TOUGH climb but so worth it.

Llyn y Fan Fawr 1.jpg Llyn y Fan Fawr 2.jpg Llyn y Fan Fawr 3.jpg

Pontsticill Reservoir

Pontsticill Reservoir.jpg

Sgwd Isaf Clun-Gwyn, my favourite waterfall of the Four Falls walk.

Sgwd Isaf Clun-Gwyn.jpg

Saw LOT of wild horses.

Wild Horses.jpg

And because this is a car forum... our chosen ride for the trip:

Llangorse Lake 5.jpg

Sorry for the grainy photos. Hope you like.

@///M Phwoarrr... that is all!

Seriously tho they some cracking shots, looks like you’ve had a good run out and that lotus is sexual :hearteyes:

Reactions: ///M
@///M looked absolutely awesome mate!! Some great pictures there too!
Doing my Mountain Leader at the moment, getting some days in. Will have to share some pictures next time!
Bet it was tough going in the sun! Haha

But in reply to the thread...

Just got back from Budapest, my stag do, was decent!

Going Croatia in 10days, on a yacht for 4 days island hopping.

Ibiza in June for 5days

Then Hawaii in September for 2 weeks, island hopping again. Big Island, Maui, Oahu. Excited for that!

Krakow in December for some Christmas markets

Morzine next February for some snowboarding

Canada is in pipeline for March too!

Exciting times [emoji4]

Reactions: Benno and ///M
@///M Phwoarrr... that is all!

Seriously tho they some cracking shots, looks like you’ve had a good run out and that lotus is sexual :hearteyes:

Thanks mate. Amazing little holiday, if rather tiring!

The Lotus was incredible throughout. Obviously when pushing on it was amazing but in top gear and with the exhaust flap closed, it does a pretty reasonable job of cruising too. Comfy and quiet, apart from a lot of road noise from the tires. Asked a hell of a lot of the car over the weekend and at points treated it like a 4x4 or a tractor. It lapped it all up. Really impressed.

Reactions: Beany
@///M looked absolutely awesome mate!! Some great pictures there too!
Doing my Mountain Leader at the moment, getting some days in. Will have to share some pictures next time!
Bet it was tough going in the sun! Haha

But in reply to the thread...

Just got back from Budapest, my stag do, was decent!

Going Croatia in 10days, on a yacht for 4 days island hopping.

Ibiza in June for 5days

Then Hawaii in September for 2 weeks, island hopping again. Big Island, Maui, Oahu. Excited for that!

Krakow in December for some Christmas markets

Morzine next February for some snowboarding

Canada is in pipeline for March too!

Exciting times [emoji4]

Bloody hell mate, that's quite the list!!!

That's super cool you're doing your Mountain Leader too. Where are you doing it? Notice you're in Cheshire so guessing it could be Snowdonia or the Lake District? Never done a guided walk but it's something I'd be very keen to do one day. There's no substitute for experience huh?

:smile:

We're actually headed to the Lakes for our next trip at the end of this month. Bank holiday weekend so it will no doubt be very busy but am in the process of doing a lot of research before we go to see if there are any areas less likely to be rammed with tourists. Can't wait. Will be my first proper visit as the last time I went it was only for driving.

And then we're looking forward to doing Yosemite and Sequoia again in the Autumn. There will be more in between but we're very much spur of the moment people so nothing is planned yet.

My goodness @///M - that's quite the succession of pictures ! Not my wifes sort of hol at all. Unfortunately. Because i'd have LOVED it all the way with a passion. She's a beach girl. I'm a doing guy. So the walking / exploring / sight-seeing you've obviously so enjoyed would have been up my street too. Jealous of your weekend now !

My goodness @///M - that's quite the succession of pictures ! Not my wifes sort of hol at all. Unfortunately. Because i'd have LOVED it all the way with a passion. She's a beach girl. I'm a doing guy. So the walking / exploring / sight-seeing you've obviously so enjoyed would have been up my street too. Jealous of your weekend now !

Thanks a lot Shuv mate. Was a really glorious long weekend.

Another reason to cherish Mrs M. She’s not a beach person either. Our holidays are a good blend of strenuous and relaxing (usually with a good beer!)

How about your lad? Would it not be something you guys can do together in conjunction with your track day excursions? Plenty of good scenery near many UK circuits I’d wager. It’s good for the soul :smile:

Cracking pics @///M - one of those reminds me of the Falklands (no, I wasn't there!) but it was the first thing that sprang to mind.

So, we've finalised our trip to the States in September now. Fly into Atlanta and get the hell out of there, stopping overnight at a hotel between there and Nashville, where we will end up the following day for a couple of nights, then onto Memphis, New Orleans and Atlanta. Lots to cram into 11 days and lotsw of miles to cover, so we'll hire a big SUV to eat up the miles in relative comfort. Airbnb for all the cities, which took at least 3 hours to whittle down to our chosen lodgings. Already had one cancel our booking in Atlanta, but found something better and cheaper, so well happy about that.
I've just been made permanent at work, so have more holiday to plan this year, if only a staycation in the UK.

Cracking pics @///M - one of those reminds me of the Falklands (no, I wasn't there!) but it was the first thing that sprang to mind.

So, we've finalised our trip to the States in September now. Fly into Atlanta and get the hell out of there, stopping overnight at a hotel between there and Nashville, where we will end up the following day for a couple of nights, then onto Memphis, New Orleans and Atlanta. Lots to cram into 11 days and lotsw of miles to cover, so we'll hire a big SUV to eat up the miles in relative comfort. Airbnb for all the cities, which took at least 3 hours to whittle down to our chosen lodgings. Already had one cancel our booking in Atlanta, but found something better and cheaper, so well happy about that.
I've just been made permanent at work, so have more holiday to plan this year, if only a staycation in the UK.

Good news on the job mate. And also good news that it gives you more scope for holidays.

Nashville and Memphis both have a Flying Saucer and well worth a visit if you fancy a beer.

Atlanta however is where it's at right now. Amazing place for good beer. Have a look here.

Hope you guys have a wonderful holiday. Bloody love America.

Reactions: Micah
Tomorrow i am flying to Italy once again, i have been there 7 or 8 times before.
Not perfect timing, it has been sunny all week and +20celsius in Finland. Weather forecast for Garda area says water every day next week. oh sh*t.
I have rental car.. so maybe i head for French Riviera there will be sun all week.
It is 4 hour drive from Bergamo, but hey Italy/ France roads.. it is like perfection compared roads here Finland. Grand tour with fiat 500.. yeij.

Tomorrow i am flying to Italy once again, i have been there 7 or 8 times before.
Not perfect timing, it has been sunny all week and +20celsius in Finland. Weather forecast for Garda area says water every day next week. oh sh*t.
I have rental car.. so maybe i head for French Riviera there will be sun all week.
It is 4 hour drive from Bergamo, but hey Italy/ France roads.. it is like perfection compared roads here Finland. Grand tour with fiat 500.. yeij.

Have a great time buddy.

Me and the wife are of to Cyprus in the morning for some time without the kids

Reactions: Big Ben
Have a great time buddy.

Me and the wife are of to Cyprus in the morning for some time without the kids

Super jealous. Need to book myself a little getaway. Two Belgium trips in a week gave me a taste that there’s a lot more to life than North Wiltshire that’s for sure...

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
sevenfourate General Chat 5
Chris General Chat 66
sevenfourate General Chat 34
R Clio General Chat 8
Mike General Chat 19