Hit and run on my car! what to do?

In a bit of a pickle...as i don't want to bugger up my no claims!

I Was parked up today round my mates house, and someone hit my 172 and drove off! (buggers)
Rear of the car is minced, bit of blue paint gessing from the other car on it too.
I recon it's just about drivable but i've left it where it is for now.
Asked a few houses around the area and no one saw it!!!

Not reported it to the police yet as i'm not sure what will happen to my no claims?

Has anyone had this happen to them? did it count as a claim on you're insurance? or is there some special procedure in place? really can't afford to loose my no claims as it isn't protected and i have 6 years!!!
Can't really afford to repair it either!

cheers,
Steve

Someone tried to car jack me, I got their reg number and everything, but the police did bugger all about it.

I had to claim through my insurance and I lost my NCB.

So gutted for you mate, it is a total joke the state of this country at the moment! :worried::worried::worried::worried:

When i had my VTR the first day I had it I took it to work and someone drove all along the passenger side. I had already had a claim for rolling my clio over so I wasnt going to be able to insure the VTR with another claim so I just paid for all the work to be carried out and the car to be repaired. Respray all down passenger side, part of rear bumper needed spraying, new wing mirror and repair to front bumper.

Was around the £600 mark which was the same as my excess when I was 19 lol

Think I know who did it but I couldnt prove anything

If you have no third party to claim against, it will be classed as a fault claim.

I was hit by an uninsured driver, I had no one to claim to against, it was classed as a fault claim and affect my insurance for the subsequent five years as I had to declare it.

Had the same just 2 days ago some prat parked his car in the back of my 197not as bad as ur self just scraped the bumper he had no INS so costing me got a quote 4 £150 and going 2 c another boy on sat c if i can get a better price. Could try the police incase any1 seen it and reported it long shot but worth a try

Had the same just 2 days ago some prat parked his car in the back of my 197not as bad as ur self just scraped the bumper he had no INS so costing me got a quote 4 £150 and going 2 c another boy on sat c if i can get a better price. Could try the police incase any1 seen it and reported it long shot but worth a try

After deciphering your text talk... An uninsured driver crashed into you too? Why did you not pursue it through the police rather than giving up and paying out of your own pocket? If they gave you correct details (unlike the chap who crashed into me and drove off leaving me injured), surely you can pursue it?

Unfortunately I think you're buggerd, mate! I had some moron vandalise my old 197, he then got caught, admitted it to the Police, and then got let of with a caution!

I feel for you! It may be a case of biting the bullet and putting in a claim!

Last edited:
Police r a waste o time in Scotland was getting shopping at tescos sat 4 45min waiting on boy coming out he never showed up was dark didn't notice scratch was so bad till the nxt day in the daylight. His car was all bashed and scraped his/her tax was out and then it would b my word against there's and the police round my bit couldn't catch a cold lol

Some insurers have a clause where uninsured drivers don't affect NCB.

I don't know why but I was under the impression that it didn't wipe all your NCB out anyway only 2yrs at a time!? I may be wrong but it might not be as bad as you think. Personally I think people like that should be locked up.

If u have protected ncb u only lose 3 years it happend to my dad in his audi.

My brother's Felicia got hit in his works car park yesterday. The fact that it's a 10 year old Felicia is irrelevant and he loves it and he's worked hard for it. One owner from new with every service and MOT done at a Skoda dealer. It was a real minter. Respect has gone for other people's things especially cars. Same thing happened to my Dad's old car in a supermarket. The 4x4 parked next to him caved his sill in. Never found out who it was.

It's putting me off getting another nice car again.

Years ago a lad crashed into my clio who had taken his mums car without her concent and was on drugs, I lost my NCB.

If an uninsured driver hits you, I was under the impression that you didn't loose your no claims bonus, as every insurance company has to contribute a small amount of your premium to an unisured driver 'pot' that they use if their customer is hit.