Hi from Oz

WOW.....I've just read your whole thread,fantastic write up of an awesome car.

One quick question,where did you get the door grab handles from? Great mod and my car definitely needs them.

Thanks.
Grab handles are from a Nissan Navara or similar Isuzu ute from memory. Got them on Ebay.

Last edited:
Pics of anthracite 'Clio Cup' stripes in place.
Not convinced with the look so may lose them.

IMG_2319-Copy_zps04b14857.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_2309-Copy_zpsf513ab3e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_2323_zpsbf13a419.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Finally got around to ordering the Ultra Racing front upper strut brace.
Previously fitted their front lower brace, rear brace & rear sway bar.
Never bothered with the front upper brace previously as I didn't believe it would be of any use due to the strut towers being incorporated into the firewall but others have reported improvements so i figured i'd give it a try.

IMG_2356_zps1ou0svyh.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_2359_zpsbhknhjeu.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_2360_zpslifcccmo.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
New 6 point & 4 point Schroth harnesses in place for this seasons racing.
IMG_2464_zps04s2j7qq.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_2466_zps5yszxqjz.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

My 3rd event for this year was the NSWHC championship at Mount Panorama Bathurst (undoubtedly Oz's best race circuit).
Unfortunately despite the usual bull**** talk to the contrary on the OZRS forum once again I was the only RS competing over the 2 days :thumb1:.

This is the view of the mountain circuit from the motel balcony...
IMG_2457_zps4ksq11nm.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Car is looking fantastic [MENTION=4449]steve11[/MENTION].

I love your leather recaro's, but have you ever though of changing to fixed bucket seats if your using the car for racing?

Not sure how I've missed this thread! But this car is great, love everything you've done with it and think the decals etc look great!

Car is looking fantastic @steve11.

I love your leather recaro's, but have you ever though of changing to fixed bucket seats if your using the car for racing?

Thanks.
Yep ive thought about it, however despite the car seeing lots of track time (27 events last year alone) I still use it to commute to work in so I cant change it (its illegal to swap out oem airbag equipped seats for non airbag equipped seats in Oz, just as you cant swap out the oem airbag steering wheel).
The one thing I would like to do soon is have my trimmer cut & stitch a slot in the seat cushion for the crotch straps rather than run them up over the front of the seat cushion (which is not ideal safety wise).

Last edited:
G'day Steve - I finally fitted my lighter battery like yours but have struggled to securely keep it from moving in the box. Hoping you could do me a favour and flick me a pic of your set up so that I can see how it should be secured. Given the smaller battery size, the leads now don't sit where they did so the battery lid no longer sits properly. Hoping you can help me here
You can reach me on Andysin@optusnet.com.au

Hi Ange,
I have an isolation switch on mine but it all still fits under the lid no problem.
I modified the lead ends by removing the excess brackets etc as pictured, remove the battery posts & bolt the leads directly to the battery, it all fits as per originally & there's plenty of clearance.
The battery itself is held in place in the box simply by polystyrene block that I cut to size (works perfectly & weighs nothing).

IMG_2475_zpsxc5bfide.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_2184_zps889f8664.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Thanks Steve, you're a legend!
I was hoping to avoid modifying the leads but oh well! Will just have to.
I've currently been keeping mine in place with some PVC piping that's cut to size.

Yep fine for everyday use, ive had mine for a couple of years & never had to touch it once.
Full River HC20 (same spec as Odyssey PC680).
Great bit of kit, weighs about 1/3 of the oem battery, being AGM there's no acid to worry about so you can mount it flat if you want, its more powerful & it costs less.
I have no idea why anyone would buy a crappy old tech lead acid battery.
Even the new RS275R Meg has an AGM or Lithium battery if i remember correctly.

Last edited:
How's that battery compared to the standard in daily driving? I'm using Clio as a weekend driver and how fast does the battery discharge?
My wife loves to watch videos on the DVD with the car turned off. :smiley:

I can see the weight @ 7kg, that can't be 3x lighter than stock (I believe stock is ~15kg).

Uh...just googled my battery. 18,72kg vs 7kg. That's a lot. Hmmh...might be getting a new battery then. Again. :smiley:

Last edited:
Just read your thread, and I am amazed,what you have done and reached with your car, quality!!!!

Have you made your decision on the diff?
Would you pls share your experience with it, because my next mod will be this one, for this season!

I have a 197, using it mainly on trackdays at hungaroring (f1 track), slovakiaring.
my mods are similar to yours:ultra racing strut bars front-back, good ridge brake lines, ferodo ds3000 pads, Toyo r888, adjustable top mounts by Simo with 1.2 negative camber in front, Proex exhaust only after the mid silencer