Hi from Oz

Steve! How are ya mate? Haven't jumped on here in quite some time and in that time, I see you've transformed your already stunning ride into prob the best 200 I've come across to date! Awesome job mate!

Has definitely stopped the movement/flex in the subframe pick-up points to a degree. Not a big difference but none of these braces ever are, as part of a package with the other strengthening pieces it's worth doing imo.

Steve! How are ya mate? Haven't jumped on here in quite some time and in that time, I see you've transformed your already stunning ride into prob the best 200 I've come across to date! Awesome job mate!

Hi Ange, long time no see, still got that lovely AGP I hope ?.
Im sure there are probably plenty of 200's around that are better than mine but thanks for the kind words its much appreciated.

One thing I will say is that it's likely the most winning 200 in Oz with 1 x club championship, 3 x Nams championships, 2 x NSW championships & 1 x Australian championship...so far :tongueout:roud:.

It did 27 competition events just this year alone, along with serving regular road duty & it has not missed a beat in 3 years of such punishment !. So much for French unreliability hey :lol:, just goes to show what can be done with some well placed mods & a regular maintenance program.
Cheers mate.

Last edited:
Has definitely stopped the movement/flex in the subframe pick-up points to a degree. Not a big difference but none of these braces ever are, as part of a package with the other strengthening pieces it's worth doing imo.
I've noticed the most difference with the front strut and the Cup Racer's front anti roll bar. Rear strut and ARB didn't notice so much because I had to run in the engine so I couldn't push it hard. :wink:

Wow, very impressive accomplishments there Steve! I'd love to get involved in racing too but just don't have the coin to keep the maintenance up nor the balls just in case something goes wrong and I'm left with a massive bill. Looking to start ramping up the mods myself. I've only added a tune from Henk since we last spoke. So all in all, ITG induction kit, Akra, custom map from Henk and braided lines

I've noticed the most difference with the front strut and the Cup Racer's front anti roll bar. Rear strut and ARB didn't notice so much because I had to run in the engine so I couldn't push it hard. :wink:

That's interesting.
Ive not considered fitting the front strut brace as the strut towers are already a structural part of the bulkhead/firewall so I didn't see how adding a strut brace could do anything at all...I may have to rethink that if you are convinced it helped?.
As for the rear strut brace, I fitted it simply for use as a harness bar till I got the purpose built Ktec one.

Given that my car is primarily for track use I see no value in fitting a larger front sway bar as it will just increase understeer in my car.
On the other hand the rear sway bar I found has helped increase lift off oversteer allowing more cornering adjustability.

That's interesting.
Ive not considered fitting the front strut brace as the strut towers are already a structural part of the bulkhead/firewall so I didn't see how adding a strut brace could do anything at all...I may have to rethink that if you are convinced it helped?.
As for the rear strut brace, I fitted it simply for use as a harness bar till I got the purpose built Ktec one.

Given that my car is primarily for track use I see no value in fitting a larger front sway bar as it will just increase understeer in my car.
On the other hand the rear sway bar I found has helped increase lift off oversteer allowing more cornering adjustability.

My impressions:

FRONT STRUT BAR - I couldn't believe it. The moment I reversed out of the garage and on the first canal at probably 5km/h I've noticed that the front end of the car works like one.
I can't describe it with words but: As I was entering the garage and passed, at the same speed, the same drainage canal my car went like: front left shock, and then front right shock - like the car rocked a bit on that canal. However, when I was leaving the garage the both shocks rocked at the same time - like the front was centered it didn't go on one side and then on the other. :smiley:

FRONT ARB 22mm - I have the same route that I take from my work to my home/garage and there's a 90° turn and the asphalt has low grip/quality. When I turn fast(er) than usual my car starts to undesteer. Now, with ARB it undesteers noticeably later than it used to.

Then I had KW V3, now I have a Quaife LSD and Clubsport's too - it corners incredibly now, as you can imagine. :smiley: Only if the GY E1 A2 tires had more feedback and sidewall stiffness. Next season I'm getting new tires.:wink:

This is why I've asked for your impressions with this brace because it's the only thing I didn't want do buy (was afraid it would rub the road if I lower the Clio anymore and I plan on using 215/35/17 tires next year).

Last edited:
If my car scrapes at all it rubs the exhaust resonator due to its positioning in the centre of the car. The lower brace hasn't scraped at all since I fitted it, probably due to the positioning being closer to the front wheels. My car is about 20mm lower than 'cup' height so probably not as low as yours but I doubt it would be an issue.

I am tossing up between fitting the Quaife & Gripper diffs for next seasons racing, i understand the Quaife behaves like an open diff when a wheel is unloaded meaning it will still spin up a front wheel whereas the Gripper works much better in such applications, im interested to hear your experience with the Quaife.

Last edited:
Wow, very impressive accomplishments there Steve! I'd love to get involved in racing too but just don't have the coin to keep the maintenance up nor the balls just in case something goes wrong and I'm left with a massive bill. Looking to start ramping up the mods myself. I've only added a tune from Henk since we last spoke. So all in all, ITG induction kit, Akra, custom map from Henk and braided lines

Sounds like a nice combination Ange. Apart from a dedicated set of wheels/tyres it sounds track ready. The ITG may prove to be a headache though if you go racing as it will push you up a class in most disciplines. Not sure if you know Daz with the Redbull 200 but he has started getting involved in some racing lately (nice guy too).

If my car scrapes at all it rubs the exhaust resonator due to its positioning in the centre of the car. The lower brace hasn't scraped at all since I fitted it, probably due to the positioning being closer to the front wheels. My car is about 20mm lower than 'cup' height so probably not as low as yours but I doubt it would be an issue.

I am tossing up between fitting the Quaife & Gripper diffs for next seasons racing, i understand the Quaife behaves like an open diff when a wheel is unloaded meaning it will still spin up a front wheel whereas the Gripper works much better in such applications, im interested to hear your experience with the Quaife.
Never had a Gripper LSD so I can't compare the two but I heard that it was better for racing too. It needs to be serviced though.

I got Quaife with a Clio 200 gearbox for 400€ and my old gearbox, so it was really a nobrainer. However, I think I would go for Quaife non the less, because it's maintenance free.

LSD made the car so fast on the B-roads that I'm affraid of pushing it 100% now how fast it is. [emoji41] I would recommend installing an LSD ASAP to everyone looking for an extra grip.
First the LSD, than the rest of the suspension like coilovers and braces in the end.

Thanks for the thoughts.
Yes the gripper is a clutch type unlike the Quaife which is a Torson style.
I was keen on the Quaife too but i'd hate to go to all the trouble & cost of fitting it only to find out its not up to the job on track.
I know a couple of guys using the Gripper in fwd race cars (not Clio) & they say you rarely have to service them & that the clutch packs are reversible anyway.
Still may go with the Quaife but I need to find someone who is using one in a Clio competitively so I can gauge just how effective they are on track.

Last edited:
Fitted a progressive shift light...

IMG_2262_zps0fa256a7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Wont be back on track till late Jan which is what its for, but from a little road use it certainly seems to be effective.
The fact you can program it to operate in a variety of ways is very good & it should help to launch the car much more consistently, will be handy for helping stay in the meaty part of the torque curve & should also be helpful for those 'between gears' corners.
It is also a voltage meter which is a nice feature.
The quality of finish is quite good too, I hid the wiring & fitted it to the dash fascia surround rather than the steering column which has made it much more oem looking & not so F&F looking:thumbsup:.
So yes I think its worth a try.

Last edited:
Wow it's like you read my mind with this mod! I love F1 and had been Googling shifts lights which look like what they have. Is that the Shift-I one?

Fitted some new decals in readiness for next season...

IMG_2286_zpse206c23a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_2282_zpsb78909cd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_2284_zpsa96d5611.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited: