Help!!! Tar removal

I would appreciate any advice or tips on how to remove/clean what I am guessing is tar of my car. I washed it the other day and I have noticed little black specs on the lower regions of the bodywork. I have tried to scratch some of the hard black bits off but it just seems to smudge into the albi blue paintwork and make it worse. :'(

I use Valet Pro Citrus Tar & Glue Remover. Catchy name eh!?! :smiley:

I've used the Auto Glym stuff in the past and that's good stuff as well.

It doesn't really matter which product (they all do the same) but use some proper tar/bug remover, don't try scratching it off.

+1 on Tardis, does a fantastic job. AG Tar Remover takes a bit longer and i don't think is as effective but still a cheaper alternative.

The tardis is a lot cheaper per litre but then if you only want a small amount AG will be the better choice as tardis is only available in 5 litre tins

I've use autoglym tar remover Which does the trick. Someone else will prob give few more suggestions.

I use this also. I pour mine into a spray bottle and just spray the car, leave for 2 mins for it to work them wipe off. Tis awesome stuff.

Clay bar and lube, never used a tar remove myself. Instead I clay the car as it removes all the other contaminents on the paintwork too. Black spots on a yellow car is a nightmare, having a good wax helps with the removal too...

Clay bar and lube, never used a tar remove myself. Instead I clay the car as it removes all the other contaminents on the paintwork too. Black spots on a yellow car is a nightmare, having a good wax helps with the removal too...
do you find claying gets all the tar off Paul?????

Not used tar remover either but I think I might start.

Clay does get rid but there are parts of the car that get so much tar the clay gets saturated very quickly.

Always clay after using tar remover and never use it unless you are waxing afterwards.

I sell Dodo Juice Tarmalade, which is a paste/gel tar remover. The advantage of this product, over the others is the dwell time, due to its consistency, as well as it being really nice to use (unlike other tar removers which smell disgusting and make you queasy).

PB.200, if you don't have anything nice to say, please don't say anything.

Thanks, Matt

^ Lol...

I also use AG Tar Remover. But only because I got it dirt cheap iirc.

I generally use that on the bigger bits, leave to dwell, then jetwash off (rather than wiping off). Ill then clay the car to get the smaller bits.

I wouldn't bother with anything other than Autosmart Tardis - everything else in comparison makes tar removal seem a chore.

Clay is fine, but no point spending twice the amount of time claying, when you can remove all the tar within 3-5 minutes using Tardis.

Tardis is £15 for 5L. Best stuff you'll ever buy if you have a white/light car!

I ended up ordering some Tardis which arrived today. I will give it a try next time I give my baby a make over. 8)