Help needed with Service Book Issue

Hi

Last April, I purchased my 197 from a non-Renault dealer in Wigan, won't name names just yet. Now today, after needed the code for my radio, went to my local Renault dealer as the code that was in my service book was coming up as a code error when I put it into the head unit. On arrival I handed them my service book and gave them my reg, and they said that it's no wonder it doesn't work, then VIN number in my service book doesn't match the VIN number relating to my V5 or to my reg. Turns out it's for a standard Mark 3 Clio, not the R27 I own. My VIN number on my V5 and chassis all match, just the service book doesn't. Now I've only just found this out as for my first service I needed to make, I took the car to Danny at 519, so it wouldn't of picked up the VIN number.

Now, all the service records I have from Renault relate to correct reg no. and correlate with the services needed and checks on the vehicle, so nothing seems out of place. I have reciepts and paperwork for all the services on the car, and it all seems legit.

I've today emailed the dealer from where I purchased the car, and am awaiting a response.

Am I being overly paranoid that something may be a miss, or do I have reason to be worried right now??? Any help as to what to do would be greatley appreciated.

You have the right to be worried as you may have been sold a dodgy car but I think it's just a mistake on the dealers side you will get sorted

Sound like he had 2 clios in and maybe got service books mixed up?

Hopefully, a more positive thing o think of anyway :smile:

Well just checked all the service invoices. All the invoices and mileage match up to that in the service book, and the Renault invoices are for my car. Just seems the books have been mixed up at some point!

The dealer has come back to me so hopefully will get it sorted. Jus not paying £15 for my radio code haha!

Worry averted!