help, need your thoughts- i need some quick advice

ive posted about my car having some problems with sunroof and power here
http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?t=30001

so ive spoke to them again today and im stunned from the reply
they have said it's cheaper for them to give me another car has anybody ever
heard of this happening, this is what there offering it is the same colour and same level spec to what i have it has 1 thousand more miles
http://evans3-px.rtrk.co.uk/vehiclesearch/used/renault-used-car-nv56xnx.html

or because of all the grief from this should i push for this
http://evans3-px.rtrk.co.uk/vehiclesearch/used/renault-used-car-de57hha.html

neither cars have sunroof's witch (sum of you may not) but i wanted i liked that feature also its hard to even think about doing this as i have bonded with my car

Last edited:
your call really but if they cannot or are unwilling to spend money fixing it....

is it just the sunroof that they cannot fix or is there also an engine issue?

its good that they are offering a swap of sorts - could have been a fight to get the car rejected or sorted!

You'll never get that other one. Not unless you decide you want to contribute towards it.

You'll never get that other one. Not unless you decide you want to contribute towards it.

yeah me and the misses think this too but could be worth a shot

on the other hand the nimbus that there offering is 200 less than what we bought ours for so would expect something there,

i know i am lucky in the sense that they are willing to swap without a fight,
im just shocked that they cant repair the sunroof and there only other option is another car, they haven't said anything about the running problem other than there's no code's on the diagnostic machine

to be honest i keep flicking between the nibus and the blue
and i like the nimbus more so maby its not a bad thing that they offered me that one

When I brought my first 197 I had quite a lot of problems.

I brought it from a Renault dealer. I kept on at them, and they changed it for the 197 I have now.

Try your luck with the 2nd link with the dealer. You just have to explain about all of the trips you have had to make. Time of work etc.

I might just work...

You don't get if you don't ask!!

Its always worth asking. It will cost you nothing to ask and you may just get what you want. In the end it may well cost you a few hundered quid more to get the blue one but I personally wouldn't want to pay more than £300 towards it.

As for your car I wouldn't want them anywhere near it. It apprears that they don't feel they can fix it and I would want any so called mechanic who is confident in their own abilities working anywhere near my car.

Go for the racing blue, but if not I'd swap it as there must be something quite a bit wrong if there just offering you a different car like that? Would send alarm bells ringing to me.

Go for the racing blue, but if not I'd swap it as there must be something quite a bit wrong if there just offering you a different car like that? Would send alarm bells ringing to me.

it defiantly has, i think the nimbus is the way to go,
i just want to get back into the same position i was when i bought mine
minus sunroof and running problem's

If its rang alarm bells to you then I'd change it, try get something else free out of it as it does have 1k more miles and lack of sunroof :wink:

Take it back and tell them it's not fit for purpose take the nimbus but ask for 2 year warranty and. £300 cash for the inconvence plus ring Renualt uk

I bought a Fiesta ZS from evans halshaw in stockton - a week later i decided to detail it and found the full drivers side had been repainted and it was dull (silver) and seemed to be flat (no metalic sparkle).
I'd bought the car over the phone and asked several times if it was origional paint/ panels as i didn't want a repaired car.
It took me a couple of weeks of threatening legal action over goods not as described, quoting sale of goods act, etc before they eventually gave me my p/x back and a full refund
I'd never buy from them again

What are they doing with the car then if they can't fix it lol.... Feel sorry for the poor sod they try and sell it to next, even if they say its too costly to repair, that implies they aren't going to fix it for you, or anyone else? Sounds dodgy, get out why you can.

What are they doing with the car then if they can't fix it lol.... Feel sorry for the poor sod they try and sell it to next, even if they say its too costly to repair, that implies they aren't going to fix it for you, or anyone else? Sounds dodgy, get out why you can.

they will probably sell it on in the trade.....could end up back on here for some poor sod who buys it without knowing :thumb1:

they will probably sell it on in the trade.....could end up back on here for some poor sod who buys it without knowing :thumb1:

agree thats how i feel. and yes they said my car will go to the block as is
i dont agree with it, i dont feel they should be telling the customer this either
because if there willing to fob the car off onto some other poor sod, how do i know they didn't do that to me,

Why don't you email/ring/write on Renaults forum about the car and hopefully it'll get taken off sale properly.

Right after seeing all these low mile 197's with price tags less than mine I have come to the conclusion I paid to much for mine :|