Had an accident, need help

Good morning, new member here.

Last week I had a terrible accident in my Cliosport 197 2006, and it will unfortunately be written off. As i'm sure you can all imagine I'm absolutely devastated, I have been offered a price from my insurance company which is frankly insulting. I'm trying to find examples of similar cars which have sold previously in order to get a much fairer payout to replace the car however I'm struggling to find anywhere to see previously sold listings.

If anyone could offer me any help it would be massively appreciated. I'm so distraught about losing my car and the fact i've been offered around half the money I would need to replace it adds insult to injury so any help from you guys would go a long way.

Thanks in advance and I appreciate you reading my post.

Insurers typically ask for links to adverts on autotrader if you want to haggle for a greater write off value.

Having seen what some cars have actually sold for on eBay (R27 with fair miles but a good spec) I’m not sure links to sold cars would work in your favour, as the R27 and a few others cars have sold for less than what they were worth.

A bit more info on the spec of your car and the write off offer would help.

Thanks a lot for your quick reply, as you can imagine this is a pretty grim situation all round so I really appreciate your help.

Sure, that makes a lot of sense. I have a Cliosport 197 2006 (56 plate) 2.0, completely standard with 127,000 miles. The write off offer I have been given is £2300.

Thanks again for your help.

Thanks a lot for your quick reply, as you can imagine this is a pretty grim situation all round so I really appreciate your help.

Sure, that makes a lot of sense. I have a Cliosport 197 2006 (56 plate) 2.0, completely standard with 127,000 miles. The write off offer I have been given is £2300.

Thanks again for your help.
No worries, I’ve been in your situation so know what it feels like. I’ll send you a pm with a bit more info on a payout in this current market.

Reactions: kieranbrowne
197 and 200 prices should be well above £2,300. Is that the final payment the insurer is going to pay you, or is that the price after deductions like your excess?

Good afternoon mate,

I agree, insulting offer really! That's the valuation without reductions from my excess which is £800, leaving me with just £1500 to replace it.

Yeah exactly mate, I'm trying to find as much as I can but i'm struggling a bit, only found one on AutoTrader with very similar spec but the 2006's are so rare now its difficult to find many and my insurance company are asking for 3 examples with the same plate and mileage within 5,000 miles. Absolute nightmare haha. Thanks for the advice though mate its much appreciated.

Never take first or second offer, I crashed my white 200 in December and was offered £6300, sent loads of links over and made an argument up, got it up to £6500, still refused and then they offered me £7000, I know only £700 overall, but it all counts some way or another.

Thanks for the advice mate, I definitely wont be taking their offer, that's reassuring to hear though and I'm pleased you got a fairer price for yours eventually. I'll see what I can do in terms of finding more evidence and arguing my case, hopefully I'll be able to show them enough from what I can find online.

Thanks again to everyone who has offered me advice on this, a grim situation but its nice to know there are people on my side! Haha

Reactions: joehodges154