heart in mouth, -nearly lost it.

Be under no illusion, it was the car that got you out of this situation, the ESP system on these is fantastic ( best I've ever driven ).

People think they get kudos for switching it off at trackdays but the truth is it very rarely intrudes and when it does so it's never premature.

+1.

I think mine has been off for all of about 10 Minutes in the two years I've owned her.

I've seen the light blink twice in that time, once on a wet road on when a wheel was on the paint under acceleration and once in the snow... Which was sort of on purpose to see how much and where the grip was on the way to work down the lanes at about 0330 one morning. Same with the ABS, it's only come on once, that was the same snowy day infact.

I had the ESP flash at me almost every lap at mallory park, last corner coming down the hill on to the pit. It did slow me slightly, but I liked knowing it was on. I still remember vividly how many times it saved my arse at silverstone in the wet on my first track day, about a month after buying the Clio.

If you want to learn yours and the cars limits get on to a track day, you'll soon learn :smile:

All good advice, I had no idea the tyres took bedding in, lucky boy then I guess. Stupid, but lucky.

Gonna appreciate still being in one piece for the cleaning sesh today, then I'll post some more pics :smile:

I had the ESP flash at me almost every lap at mallory park, last corner coming down the hill on to the pit. It did slow me slightly, but I liked knowing it was on.

If you want to learn yours and the cars limits get on to a track day, you'll soon learn :smile:

Mine was doing the same on the same corner.

I think with the camber against you the nearside wheel would have been skimming the tarmac so slightly losing traction.

To be fair to the OP it was only 20mph, it would have been one or a combination of things, new tyres (release agent), wet roads in our **** summer (greasy), diesel spill or a slight lift off the throttle.

But thanks for sharing :rofl:

At least you are learning. Only those who ar adamant they never make mistakes don't learn.

Keep him in one piece.

Mine was doing the same on the same corner.

I think with the camber against you the nearside wheel would have been skimming the tarmac so slightly losing traction.

To be fair to the OP it was only 20mph, it would have been one or a combination of things, new tyres (release agent), wet roads in our **** summer (greasy), diesel spill or a slight lift off the throttle.

But thanks for sharing :rofl:

Glad it wasn't just my ****ty driving then lol

I found some tyres need bedding in more than others, the CS5 for example didn't take that long but the michelin pilot exaltos I had on my last car took ages!

I've had this happen once to me, maybe i'm not driving it hard enough :wink:

Was actually just driving casually (about 20 - 30mph), went round a bend which is normally fine to go round but the back end just stepped out so i had to counter-steer and boot it to get it to come back. Scared the crap out of me when it happened as I wasn't expecting it!

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
hawker22 Spotted 0
sevenfourate Spotted 0
Michael gouveia New Members 20
J9OWY New Members 18
M Site Announcements 8