Head Unit questions!

Hello everyone, this is my first post!

I have a 200 and I'm looking at upgrading the head unit, however I want to keep the fingertip audio controls. Is this possible?

Also, with a head unit fitted what happens to the orange display above the controls that has the temp display on it etc.

Thanks!

I didn't mean the heating, I mean the display that shows what radio station you're listening to and the time etc. My fault I can see why you thought I meant the heater.

Should just show the temp and the time. I rarely have my radio on and this is what it shows.

I didn't mean the heating, I mean the display that shows what radio station you're listening to and the time etc. My fault I can see why you thought I meant the heater.

Not sure about that one truth be told, most new head units are going to display your radio station anyway, and as above, then the top one will show time and temperature.

You can buy a lead that will allow it to be displayed on the top display. I have just bought a new head unit and all of the wiring needed to do so myself. Got mine through a contract we are linked with at work, so I rang them and spoke to them. Think they called it a patch lead, only cost me about £3. I just dont know where to start with trying to fit it...all the wiring is behind the centre console and dont know how to get to it???

But I am a total novice so dont quote me on it. I had to purchase the unit and 3 additional cables; 1 for iPod connection, 1 for the steering wheel controls and one for the top display and cant remember which one they called what...I do know that it was specific to the head unit I purchased, which was a Kenwood.