Hazards flashing and running battery flat

Had this same issue recently. Garage was unhelpful. Eventually I was able to see the pool of water during some bad weather and could even see the connector sat in it. You can access the drainage hole on the passenger side sufficiently without unscrewing the wipers I found.

Ive currently got these issues too. Sent it to BBA and just heard from them that they couldn't find any fault. Wonder what else it could be.

Got no water damage, car has been in dry storage since summer.

Have you tried replacing your battery, even if it seems to be okay?

I have been having BCM/UCH issues. I replaced the UCH (and had it coded to the car) and still suffered problems with the battery draining when the hazards randomly came on. I replaced the battery last week and since then the hazards have stayed off and the battery has remained charged.

Garage diagnosed this as a corroded connector behind the dash.
Prior to this I managed to stop the alarm and flashing by following where the sound originated behind the boot lining and disconnecting the siren thing I found. This stopped the noise, as expected, but also stopped the hazard intermittent flashing and thus the battery drain.

Have you tried replacing your battery, even if it seems to be okay?

I have been having BCM/UCH issues. I replaced the UCH (and had it coded to the car) and still suffered problems with the battery draining when the hazards randomly came on. I replaced the battery last week and since then the hazards have stayed off and the battery has remained charged.

Garage diagnosed this as a corroded connector behind the dash.
Prior to this I managed to stop the alarm and flashing by following where the sound originated behind the boot lining and disconnecting the siren thing I found. This stopped the noise, as expected, but also stopped the hazard intermittent flashing and thus the battery drain.

Fitted a brand new battery but still have the issues. Waiting to get the BCM back from BBA.

Pretty sure I tried disconnecting the alarm but will try that again. I shouldn't have any issues with water ingress as the car is kept in my workshop and hasn't seen rain in a long while.

You could try peeling back the front passenger side carpet, move the foam and check the large loom plug by the passenger side door sill on the floorl. Make sure that there is no corrosion on the plug or pins. I am having to sort out some corroded wires in this plug due to water ingress at the moment. It has caused issues with my electrics. It is just another issue you can check and possibly rule out?

IMG_4623 (1).jpeg

You could try peeling back the front passenger side carpet, move the foam and check the large loom plug by the passenger side door sill on the floorl. Make sure that there is no corrosion on the plug or pins. I am having to sort out some corroded wires in this plug due to water ingress at the moment. It has caused issues with my electrics. It is just another issue you can check and possibly rule out?

View attachment 153275

Thats one of the first things I checked. Pins all look brand new, never had issues with water ingress. Scuttles always been clear.

I'm away from home for work just now. Going to try disconnect the alarm again although I'm pretty sure I tried that already though.

Whats this 5x start button press procedure I've seen been mentioned to disable the alarm? Do you press it five times with ignition on and then get out and lock the doors?

Just got off the phone to BBA again to pay for the check. Turns out they didn't actually carry out any checks as they are "not sure if the BCM controls hazards". I've mentioned that a number of people have had their BCMs fixed for the same issue by them so they have said they will look back.