Has your gearbox been replaced? Yes or no?

Have you had the gearbox in your 197 / 200 replaced?

• No - I'm still running the original gearbox

Votes: 420 72.9%
  • Yes - I'm running a replacement gearbox

Votes: 156 27.1%

• Total voters
49k miles here
2008 model
Original gearbox.

Have problem puting it in 1st gear sometimes.
Also if i rev high almost impossible to quick shift from gear 1 to 2.

The rest seems fine

Hi, I believe I'm on standard box 59 plate with 60k on the clock had slight crunch into 4th at times replaced the fluid with shell 75/90 as suggested in the factors and now I struggle to select 1st when cold I have to select 3rd or 4th then it will select all gears.

Any ideas?? Someone mentioned bleeding the system??

Also are the gearboxes the same from 197's and 200's?

Hi, I believe I'm on standard box 59 plate with 60k on the clock had slight crunch into 4th at times replaced the fluid with shell 75/90 as suggested in the factors and now I struggle to select 1st when cold I have to select 3rd or 4th then it will select all gears.

Any ideas?? Someone mentioned bleeding the system??

Also are the gearboxes the same from 197's and 200's?
Elf NFP gearbox oil worked best for me

Mine's had the 4th gear synchro replaced (and clutch at the same time), done this year at ~50k miles, not by me thank god!!

Just ordered parts for synchro replacement. About 60k miles before it got to the point where it wont do redline shifts to 3rd or 4th, both up and down (even with heel-toeing!).

These all seem to be low mileage examples the one higher has issues. Mine 76000 on original box gritty on fast down changes and a little difficulty on fast upwards changes 2-3 & 3-4.

Changed all the syncs ( 1st time for the gearbox been opened as being 3rd owner for my NA Clio 3 RS) after a hard track day against GTIs ( was unforgettable fun :smilingimp: ). Seems they were at the edge already!

Now all changed along with new uprated clutch. :grin:

Over 100,000 miles here and no crunching so far, I've picked my moments for pushing it hard though.

The clutch still seems to have plenty of life too, although the release bearing can be a little noisy in Winter on cold starts.