Handbrake frozen on

Well, when I tried to drive my car this morning I couldn't. I released the handbrake and tried to drive and it was as if it's still on. There is no tension in the handbrake and the wheels are locked at the back.

Apart from waiting for it to (hopefully) warm up, has anyone seen this problem before and know how to release/thaw the system out?

Having the same problem currently this morning.

Luke warm water and rock the car back / front slowly.

However, mine has still got the esp and abs light come up..

handbrake

i had this problem aswell so i tried rocking it back and for then i heard a loud clunk turned out the cable came out of its holder underneather the handbrake so put it back on bit fiddly but its all fine now there are 4 torqs screws holding the cover on take them out then you will see if your is the same

I've had this loads of times after washing the car, haven't had it anything like as bad since cleaning up the rear calipers/pads and copper greasing the sliding bits + back of pads.

Mine was frozen this morning, rocked the car with the clutch a bit and it free'd... problem is now my handbrake is on the roof.. hopefully nothing has snapped :worried:

A post has been started on the RUK forums.

I hope they see the post and reply.

Probably come back with "take it to your nearest Renault Dealer" * **

*In most cases the dealership will laugh at you in the back workshop and get some 17 year old floor cleaner to fix your car. With a large hammer.

** Or as per normal. They will go "Yea Thats normal"

:smile: