Handbrake Cables - Non-OEM?

suj

Paid Member
Hi all,

So I like to buy OEM where possible, but sometimes prices can be crazy or getting them quickly can be a pain.

I noticed EuroCarParts sell Pagid cables, has anyone used them?
Or any other suggestions for non-OEM that are good quality?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks I did a search and your post came up, was very helpful with the measurements so thanks for that.
Pagid stuff is normally pretty good, so I am tempted by them.....but then not sure.

How has the ones you put on held up? As that was 3years ago?

Still working fine so can't complain, if you can get a set from ECP/GSF cheap it's worth a punt. If you don't like just send them back and go genuine... :sunglasses:

Reactions: suj
This is true, might just bite the bullet, as it is £21 for both vs £64 for genuine, thanks mate.

I opted for the OEM’s.... nothing against any others. Although there seems to be a Renault tax applied to most spares, I do like to keep it as OEM as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used a euros pagid one in about December and it fitted spot on

Perfect thanks Andy, ordered now so thank you for that.
Is it a pig of a job? I've done other cars but I've not looked at routing yet (I assume it's exhaust and heatshield down, I've seen how they connect to the handbrake as I had the plastic off to adjust the cables (well unseize the current ones lol).

@suj no need to do that, just slacken the handbrake off, unclip from the brake calipers, unhook the cable from the yoke and tie a piece of string to it. You can reach under the car to unclip the old cable then use the string to fish the new ones back up, simples. :smileycat:

@suj no need to do that, just slacken the handbrake off, unclip from the brake calipers, unhook the cable from the yoke and tie a piece of string to it. You can reach under the car to unclip the old cable then use the string to fish the new ones back up, simples. :smileycat:

Awesome thanks! Even better as that was putting me off about having to take off exhaust and heatshield!
Nice tips mate, should be the weekend job once I got cables.

No heatshield off here. I did have a right carry on but it was December , I didn't have any string and I didn't jack the car up high enough

Much easier to just pull it through like link says

Thanks to everyone in here, I changed then just now, took about 2hrs, 30mins of that alone was trying to get the knurled end out the caliper on passenger side! It took a lot of hammering and chisels lol.
Drivers side was so lovely, like literally 2mins!

Also I tried the string method, it was annoying me so I just pushed them through under the car, for future reference you can do it from passenger side (this is the shorter side) but you can also push the drivers side one into the hole too. When I did that it took seconds.

It looks like passenger side was OEM from factory, drivers had been changed at some point (the end that goes in the car was a weird plastic locking collar compared to OEM that is a pinch type)

IMG_20200624_185342.jpg

IMG_20200624_184452.jpg

Yep Dav, I've got them on mine and they were spot on.
Shorter on for passenger side, longer one on drivers side, you can reach up from passenger side and put them both in the hole from underneath, no need to remove any heatshield etc.

Reactions: DS197
Yep Dav, I've got them on mine and they were spot on.
Shorter on for passenger side, longer one on drivers side, you can reach up from passenger side and put them both in the hole from underneath, no need to remove any heatshield etc.
You're a gem mate, thanks for the confirmation!