Hand Car wash or garage car wash?

Do you ever wash your own car??

Seriously don't take it to some hand car wash place, it won't do it much good!

If it needs doing I'm sure I can accommodate you!

Do you ever wash your own car??

Seriously don't take it to some hand car wash place, it won't do it much good!

If it needs doing I'm sure I can accommodate you!

lol yeah, I wash it often, but have been told to stop it. Granted it's not something I'd class as enjoyment, it's more a necessity as I like having a clean car

I have the same problem, Giles used to help me out with the 182 but im not sure what to do with the 200 and thats why I was looking into the new car detail option as an initial step.

We have a pretty good hand wash locally, they rinse the car, wheels etc before a mitt touches it, my mum takes her £45k BM there but she aint as fussy as me :tongueout:

That the one on Chester road near bargain booze? never been but they are supposed to do a good job apparently.

Only I wash mine lol

lol yeah, I wash it often, but have been told to stop it. Granted it's not something I'd class as enjoyment, it's more a necessity as I like having a clean car

I don't think anyone really enjoys the washing part!

What I enjoy is the results and am willing to put the graft in for it!

i say its a hot hatch its only going to get stone chips,dings in a carpark or in a ditch somewhere,so ..................

006.jpg

if i had a rolls royce no,but i own a hot hatch,my life is to short,i have more fun driving it than hours cleaning it.
if you love hours and hours cleaning your car,go for it,sorry not for me.

Last edited:
This goes without saying dude. They use the dirtiest water and thehritiest sponges ever. Wash it ureself.

My G/F takes her focus to the Kosovian Car wash at tesco,s it looks nice and clean when they have done it , but she also has the scratches on it to prove they washed it , says they use autoglym products i bet they dont I also saw a nice aston martin DBS i think thats what its called being washed there mind you he did have the £20 top wash :001_rolleyes:

That the one on Chester road near bargain booze? never been but they are supposed to do a good job apparently.

Only I wash mine lol

No its at the back end of Warington Wolves, opposite the pub on the roundabout, cant remember the name its been there a good few years now and you see lots of expensive cars going through it.

Difficult one. Id rather not let any monkeys touch my car. You take it to a garage and you will get swirl marks. You take it to a hand car wash, and they will wash the dirt into your paint creating swirl marks.

TBH you car will get some swirls weather you wash it or someone else does! The only way to avoid a totaly swirl free car is to have it detailed all the time, which I know is not possible for everyone!

All cars will get swirls no matter how thorough you are! So I wouldn't worry in the winter and just get it detailed in the spring to get rid of the swirls!

i say its a hot hatch its only going to get stone chips,dings in a carpark or in a ditch somewhere,so ..................

006.jpg

if i had a rolls royce no,but i own a hot hatch,my life is to short,i have more fun driving it than hours cleaning it.
if you love hours and hours cleaning your car,go for it,sorry not for me.

Yes exactly!

Found this great contactless car wash on the M5 just accross the Severn bridge, 1st services in Wales, Magor I think its called.

No brushes just some crazy robot arm that flys round you car and some high power cannons that blast even the dirtest of alloys spotless clean. Car comes out like it did from the showroom, cleans underneath including the undertray, the wheel arches and even the Skirt ends that are bugger to get with a Jet wash.

Cleans the door jambs too, opened the door expecting to have to wipe the sills but they were spotless.

Have to do a regular trip to Swansea with work so cant resist a quick visit on the way.

Check out: http://www.touchfreecarwash.co.uk/

that looks quite cool tbh.

TBH you car will get some swirls weather you wash it or someone else does! The only way to avoid a totaly swirl free car is to have it detailed all the time, which I know is not possible for everyone!

All cars will get swirls no matter how thorough you are! So I wouldn't worry in the winter and just get it detailed in the spring to get rid of the swirls!

depends how u wash it :smile:

depends how u wash it :smile:

Sorry Woody I have to disagree! :worried: You will always get them!
As long as it is clean and got a coat of wax on I couldn't give a F**k! The more you worry about it the more about it the more you want to wrap it up in cotton wool! And these cars wern't made for that! :jump1:

Well, took it to the hand car wash today. Twas too mucky and my shoulder too knacked to wash it myself. I did, however, ask if they could use some new sponges and they kindly obliged:kiss:

Checked my black roof for any light scratching afterwards and couldn't see a thing, they did a really good job to be fair:clap:

Last edited: