Hand Car wash or garage car wash?

roystinho

"whos roy?"
Firstly, don't know if this is in the right section, didn't feel I could put it under 'Detailing'

As of yesterday I've been told shoulder is fooked and I've been told not to strain it any further (still doing buttertubs tomorrow though). Got an operation next month :worried:

So I don't want to be getting all the gear out of the shed to clean the car, and the jet wash is still a bind on your arms - so where would you go to get it cleaned? I'll probably get it detailed by someone in spring and just need to get through winter keeping it relatively clean, say once a month to stop a big build up of grime etc

Cheers

Difficult one. Id rather not let any monkeys touch my car. You take it to a garage and you will get swirl marks. You take it to a hand car wash, and they will wash the dirt into your paint creating swirl marks.

Your best off asking a friend to help that you can trust to do a good job once a month if they have time. Teach them how to do it properly. It would need to be someone that understands why you cant just let anyone clean it though, someone thats equally as anal about their paint.

I'd rather it remained dirty tbh. Not a chance I'd let either of those people/machines wash my car. Pay a mate who's also into cars to clean it (providing he knows what he's doing).

Found this great contactless car wash on the M5 just accross the Severn bridge, 1st services in Wales, Magor I think its called.

No brushes just some crazy robot arm that flys round you car and some high power cannons that blast even the dirtest of alloys spotless clean. Car comes out like it did from the showroom, cleans underneath including the undertray, the wheel arches and even the Skirt ends that are bugger to get with a Jet wash.

Cleans the door jambs too, opened the door expecting to have to wipe the sills but they were spotless.

Have to do a regular trip to Swansea with work so cant resist a quick visit on the way.

Check out: http://www.touchfreecarwash.co.uk/

Where do you live? I'll wash it for a tenner. Just a quick wash though, mine hasn't been for a month due to lack of time!

Given the shoulder situation I an more than happy to do it for you mate. Its no big deal to do mine and yours at the same time. In all honesty I would never take it to one of those car wash places, I dont want my car to be cleaned with a sponge that has been on the floor half of the day lol!

Just let me know tomorrow while we are out or whenever mate.

I have the same problem, Giles used to help me out with the 182 but im not sure what to do with the 200 and thats why I was looking into the new car detail option as an initial step.

We have a pretty good hand wash locally, they rinse the car, wheels etc before a mitt touches it, my mum takes her £45k BM there but she aint as fussy as me :tongueout:

Given the shoulder situation I an more than happy to do it for you mate. Its no big deal to do mine and yours at the same time. In all honesty I would never take it to one of those car wash places, I dont want my car to be cleaned with a sponge that has been on the floor half of the day lol!

Just let me know tomorrow while we are out or whenever mate.

Cheers bud:jase: we'll have a natter tomorrow