Had to change battery in card working one min, not the next!

Arran

I Love Lamp
Platinum Member
My dad had to move my car this morning so he could get his car out the garage to go to work and the car wouldn't open. Even the card buttons weren't working. So he kept trying, eventually got in and then it wouldn't start. Eventually it started. Then it wouldn't lock. I was still in bed, asleep, so my mom pulled it back on the drive and came and got me, and it locked with the spare card.

But what I can't understand is why it just pretty much stopped working competely from working perfectly the night before. You would have thought it would have slowly got worse. Anyone else had this?

Mine just stopped working suddenly, annoyingly at a trackday first thing in the morning just before the sighting lap. One of only two times I've shouted/swore at my car and questioned it's continental roots :tongueout:

I managed to get about 10 spare batteries off amazon for about £5 so that's me set for the next 9 years...

Ha ha! I was thinking it might be something more serious being as it died so suddenly, but that's ok. Just paid £4 from Sainsury's for 2 Duracel ones.

CR2025 batteries if anyone wants to know as well!

i think its to do with the type of battery they just keep going and then bang fail to work all of a sudden - i swap my keycards around yearly and put in fresh batteries every 2 yrs :thumbup1:

I would say the card I am using is the card the car has always been used with, and the car is 27 months old, so not bad going really. At least buying a pack of 2 batteries I have got a spare now.

Having your mobile phone next to the card can also affect it just so ya know but as said battery normal culprit

Ye, had the phone cause the card not to work quite a few times, this was a even with the card out between my fingers next to the door and pressing the buttons not working! Lol!

Mine wouldnt work on xmas morning at about 3am whilst i was in work, the receiver in the car doesnt like it when its -14oC outside

i had this same problem, only trouble was the car was parked in the garage, and i couldnt get the engine to start to move it out, and with so little space in there! £4.40 for a return trip on a bus ( £2.20 each way, WTF?? ) that took me 15mins to get to my nearest halford to get a £3.50 battery lol

Nightmare situation Jonesy :smiley:

Mine does this from time to time, though I got a new key from the dealers (under warranty) at one stage as we tried new batteries etc but it was still faulty. New key has since gone a bit on the fritz, a new battery "seems" to have fixed it, but the battery in it has only lasted 6 months ish?

Very odd, and concerning as its out of warranty now.