H & R Springs

i'm sorry but i'm going to be a bit of a **** here and say,if you want a comfy ride,put some wheels on your mattress,could be wrong but someone once told me these's were sports cars

Sports cars don't need to be uncomfortable do they. A track or race car maybe because you are sacrificing that for performance which is excepted.

The cup suspension on these IMO is perfect for fast road but if you want it to just look lower for aesthetics then the springs are good cheap answer but you lose comfort for no performance gain.

It's bearable but just bouncy !

Recently fitted the H&R Super Sports (Blue ones) to mine, they lowered the cup suspension a further 20mm & are definitely more compliant at low speeds.
The car also corners more flat now too.
The standard cup springs are progressive front & linear rear, whereas the H&R's are progressive both front & rear which i think is the reason for the sometimes bouncy feel which seems to be predominantly from the rear.

Are there any aftermarket rear springs linear? Eibach maybe?

i'm sorry but i'm going to be a bit of a **** here and say,if you want a comfy ride,put some wheels on your mattress,could be wrong but someone once told me these's were sports cars

What high horse are you on?

No ones said they want a soft ride? The discussion is the fact that the standard cup set up is firm enough. And different springs aren't really needed, it just makes the car lower.
No ones asked 'where can I get softer springs?'
People like myself who do high mileage are justifying that the cup suspension is stiff, but still not back breaking for long journeys and the daily commute.

The cup set up is hard to beat, without compromise.
That's why there's a discussion on springs that offer a lowered height but without compromise of the car being a daily.

Last edited: