H&R 40mm spring pic request

ryan197 du get any problems goin over speedbumps etc on the h&r 40s?...its just theres alot out my way and dont wanna be scrubbing

cheers....craig

40mm springs might look good, but couples with standard dampers they will **** the handling. If they could be matched to some Koni/Billsteins, that would be ace.

ive got wider wheels and dont catch over speed bumps. It doesnt mess the handle at all gaz. It does improve it.

Lowering that far on standard shocks will upset the handling no question. The standard shocks are being compressed 40mm more than they should in their rest state. So now they are already working outside their normal operating perameters. With this the shocks are under more compress and are stiffer as a result. This will upset the car more on a typical UK road, thus ballsing up the handling. Also, the H&R springs aren't progressively wound, so again the ride harsher/ more upsetting for the car. It may feel more keen, but on anything more than smooth tarmac the standard ride height will handle better due to the suspension properly soaking up the bumps.....

you see? :smile:

if they were matched with some good quality dampers it would be better.

Last edited:
to be honest gaz going over bumps in the road is no different from standard quiet soft, unless you get a big pot hole. At high speeds the car feels planted and losing the back end is a thing of the past.

i got mine from a local tuning garage that ordered them from h&r over 18 months ago before ktec started selling the reds. Black are 40mm, but it does state i the title that them 30mm, so the picture is just for illustration.

ordered mine tuesday so anyday now.cant wait.get some more pics people

Nice one, look forward to seeing pics!

I just remeasured mine since the Eibach springs went on a week and-a-half ago.
Front = 20mm lower
Back = 30mm lower (supposed to be 25mm, bonus)

The H&R's do look good but too low for Sheffield!