Guests

I've noticed some posts are by 'ed' and down as a guest.

Is this someone whos now banned or something?

Or just no longer registed.

It used to be a member called Woody I think. He left the site but included a load of information which is really useful so all of his posts where kept.

Roy having trouble sleeping?

Adam yes in a lot of pain again at the moment so find it hard to sleep more than 2-3 hrs a night

We need an incentive to encourage more guests to join.

Perhaps no search for guests? Finding free help may be too easy. :wink:

This forum runs with PHP, right? Write a little exception into search.php like:

if($member_status != "signed up")
{
echo "Sorry, no search unless you sign up";
}
else
{
// Show page like normal.
}

That would work a treat. :smile: I've written loads of websites and web applications, trust me. :wink:

would be good if you could redirect a guest to a page telling them all the benefits to signing up once they have been active for say 10mins or when they have clicked so many links.

I hate owners club forums that restrict what you can see. Nothing more helpful than googling a car specific fault and finding an entire library of info.

If they wish to sign up then they will. Blocking access makes it look like a profitable site.

I hate owners club forums that restrict what you can see. Nothing more helpful than googling a car specific fault and finding an entire library of info.

If they wish to sign up then they will. Blocking access makes it look like a profitable site.

+1 totally agree

The content would be there, but no search.

So a Google search would return results to the content, potentially, but if you wanted to do a forum search, you'd need to register.

If you need any advice, I'd be happy to help Roy. I've been a website developer for 8 years now. :smile: Even have a degree in website development. :wink:

i would say most people that are Guests do not own a clio rs, they just like to read about what members have done to there clio's. (like myself)
i did join the site as i do like the clio rs and i have a few mates on here.
you would not like every Guests to join as there would get brand banter all the time and its not good for a site.:wink:

If you need any advice, I'd be happy to help Roy. I've been a website developer for 8 years now. :smile: Even have a degree in website development. :wink:

MikeDX is the site guru on here he and Jase make the decisions on things like this I am just the under paid lackie:rofl::rofl:

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MikeLYR27 General Chat 6