Got some money to spend....

Got some money (£1500) to spend on Clio but not sure what to spend it on or whether to spend it at all. Was thinking......
Wheels-done already. Not everyones cup of tea but I like the comps
Suspension -done already. I think the H&R springs + cip shocks are the closest to coilovers as a set-up.
RS spoilers - done already. Got the lot of them
RS200 diffuser -done already. Thinking about smoothing the rings into diffuser and painting it all black.
Engine. done already - matched inlets, waiting for enlarged TB, cup airbox, battery in boot.
Cams? hearing mixed reviews about Ktec's and don't fancy 6 hrs round trip each time it needs to be looked at. Would look again when I need cambelt doing....
Interior. -done already. Alcantara steering wheel and knob. 200 clocks. Full retrim? Nah, front seats are currently covered with recaro seat covers so would be pointless...
Exhaust -done already. Millys fine although fancy 'that expensive one' can't justify spending £1200 on one.

How easy is it to run out of things to do to these bloody cars. Either the stuff costs the price of a kidney or the stuff rarely works, is still in development (like for the last few years), or barely improves on the standard set-up. Grrrrrr......

Last edited:
its really cams or headwork... I fancy the posh exhaust but don't think it warrants the price and I like the sound of my miltek :smile:

I have had issues with mine but its not cams related. they work fine its just a fuel problemnow. How long till you need the cambelt done?

its really cams or headwork... I fancy the posh exhaust but don't think it warrants the price and I like the sound of my miltek :smile:

I have had issues with mine but its not cams related. they work fine its just a fuel problemnow. How long till you need the cambelt done?

Cams really worth the £1500....cambelt not due for a change for a while....

Like the idea of 330mm big brakes though......

What problems have you heard RE; K-Tec & Cams litchy? I'm considering taking them up on the Cam, Remap & Cambelt package in May...

I'd say Cams & Remap, or failing that, ten trackdays. Or, come to Spa for a trackday with me in October!!! :smiley:

Last edited:
Nothing major to be fair....just these things are never plug n' play and ok if your local but a pain if your 3-4 hours away....

That's my one concern being just south of Manchester, it's about 250Miles each way for me.

I'll give them a ring once I've got Christmas out the way and have a chat.

That's my one concern being just south of Manchester, it's about 250Miles each way for me.

I'll give them a ring once I've got Christmas out the way and have a chat.

I'm down the road from you in Bolton.

if id done all of that, taking into account how little gains youll get from doing anything else i'd spend the rest on a european holiday hitting the alps in your car, the money will go on ferries, hotels, petrol & food easily.

and a nice xmas pressie for the missus :wink:

I like the idea of the 330mm discs and R888s as the best way to improve the overall handling.

whats wrong with the standard brakes .

Put the money in the bank .

Modding the Clio is a lost cause.