goosegogs' 200

goosegogs

Gold Member
This is my first time really getting into modifying a car, so progress will be slow, intermittent and I will be screwing up as I go. But I've a basic plan and I've already started down the road, so I'm looking forward to experiencing the fruits of my labour (read generally paying others to do the work).

Some things had already been fettled with when I bought the Clio last year and some things I have previously done. Details here in my introduction.
Since then I have swapped out the K-Tec exhaust for a Scorpion to lower the volume and it seems to have done the trick. K-Tec system is going up for sale if anyone is after a ridiculously loud exhaust - it was just too much for me and the neighbours...

Another thing I couldn't get used to is the standard seat. It's just too soft on the bolsters and base to feel like it's holding me, so I've been looking for a replacement.
I booked an appointment at GSM Performance in Nottingham and after spending an hour trying out all the showroom seats and getting some excellent advice, settled on a Mirco RTS 3D that is now in manufacture to my spec. I considered Sparco, OMP and Cobra, but the 3D fabric on the RTS was so much more hard-wearing and the fit was just spot-on.
Reckoning on around 6 weeks until that lands.

So of course I need a harness to go with the seat, so of course I need something to fix it to. Considered a harness bar / seat delete kit but when a half cage from JP cages is not that much more, how could I not? A couple of emails to Josh at JP at the start of this week got the ball rolling. Amazingly he had the cage built, powdercoated and ready to fit within the week!
Cue panic stations to get the rear seats and seat belts out Friday evening ready for the install Saturday. Thankfully and only because of the excellent guides on clio197.net it went fairly smoothly.

So today was the first big step towards the end goal of having a reasonably sorted fast-road/track car. The cage.

20210807_083520.jpg

In and sorted in about an hour. Josh and his mate did a sterling job.

20210807_093358a.jpg

The long boot mat I ordered off ebay was delivered to work while the cage was being fitted, so I picked that up on the way home. That got fitted as soon as I got back, and as usual when i get involved, I got excited, rushed it and buggered it up a bit. Stripped an isofix thread bolting the rear stay back down. Small frustration to an otherwise excellent day.

Looking good and waiting for the seat now.

20210807_150415knob.jpg

Attachments

• 20210807_150415.jpg
    20210807_150415.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 3