Goodyear Asymmetric's what they like???

richandgem

Platinum Member
We need to fit 2 new front tyres to the 197 in the next few weeks and I was just going to fit Conti's again. However given the briiliant reviews of the Goodyears and the ever increasing price of the Conti's I am thinking about a switch. I'm just after people opinions on the Asymmetrics, what are they like in the dry,wet etc.

Thanks in advance :smile:

carlo is right, got these on mine, they do stuck like glue, but kinda gave up after the 5th lap of the ring, where i hit the wall

F1s have always been a soft tyre. Not all that suited to track work. This means they're better for the road though.

Personally I hate the Contis with a passion. Noisy and crap grip in anything other than bone dry and warm conditions. Just need new year to come around quick so I've got some leave to go and trash the Contis at an airfield!

I am looking for some tyres for my new wheels, anyone have experience of Toyo Proxes PX4?

hmmmm I might gitve the Asymmetrics a try, I can get them for £80 a tyre, the Conti's have just had another price rise and are £130 ffs.

Thats so odd, here in SA, conti's are the cheapest of all the high performance tyres
215/45/17
Sport Contact 3 - R1450-R1900 (120-160 UKpounds)
F1 Aymmetric - R3000-R3800 (250-315 UKpounds)
Bridgestone RE050 - R2700-R3200 (225-265 UKpounds)

(sorry dont have the Pound symbol on my keyboard)

I used that tires at my prior car, like them at wet and clear weather. At wet better, then Pilot Sport 2. For everyday use - recommend. For tracks - they have low tradewear and easy to overheat - but among others - like them.

I need 2 new tyres too...just been having a quick look on the net

Picked these out...

Conti's: £126
Goodyear Eagle Asymmetric: £103
Goodyear Eagle GSD3: £82
Pirelli P Zero Nero: £80

I have had the GSD3's on previous cars and been very impressed so tempted by them as the Conti's don't float my boat.

What are the Pirelli's like? Anyone got them??

A friend of mine has a 1.8T Cupra R and he swears they have improved his handling and launches 100% on what he described as a poor handling car, so on a clio...who knows

Similar Thread Suggestions