Goodyear Eagle F1 asymmetric 2 longevity?

I got a set in the summer and have done about 6000 miles and the fronts are almost done.

No track days, I have done 4 or 5 fast whole day runs up north.

But 90% of the miles are motorway with the most exciting thing being accelerating after a roundabout.

How long have other people been getting out of them?

Last edited:
I have GY asymmetric 2 in my dailydriver BMW and approx 5000km and still over 5mm thread left. No problems..?

First thing i'd say is get your alignment looked at. The Goodyear's are on the soft side but should still be lasting at least double that.

I've had the GY on my car for well over a year now. Probably done circa 8k and my fronts are a little over half worn.

When i bought my car the tyres were nearlly new and ive done 10k miles on them and probably just about 1k left on them but ive put winters on them (fronts) about 4mm left on rears.

I'm surprised they've worn down so quick within that mileage. I had some fitted to mine in January - no trackdays but plenty of enthusiastic drives and ~10k miles and they've plenty of tread left (4-5mm)...

Fitted brand new Eagle F1's in April, done probably 4-5K miles since. I'll get my little tread depth tool out later and check what's left :smile:

2010 Clio III 200 RS Cup 45k

I'm on my second set of Continental ContiSport Contact 5 and they are on course to last about 9k like the previous set. Don't know if this is excessive or not? Car is running fine. Tyre wear is even.

My driving is a mix of A and B roads with a couple of big motorway trips and a few visits to the evo triangle and North Wales. I know everyone says this but I live in rural Shropshire and the roads round here really are full of ruts, potholes, etc.

Fitted brand new Eagle F1's in April, done probably 4-5K miles since. I'll get my little tread depth tool out later and check what's left :smile:

just about 7mm left all the way across the tyre. So used approx 1mm in 4-5K miles. Not sure how others manage to get through rubber so quick!

Just replaced my front two at 17k miles and they still had around 2mm left. And it's not like I drive like Miss Daisy!

Would probably have left them another 1k or so, if it had not been coming into the Winter.

PS. Rears hardly seem to wear, still got around 6mm tread on the back ones.

Just replaced my front two at 17k miles and they still had around 2mm left. And it's not like I drive like Miss Daisy!

Would probably have left them another 1k or so, if it had not been coming into the Winter.

PS. Rears hardly seem to wear, still got around 6mm tread on the back ones.

Sounds similar to what I'll achieve - much more "normal" I'd say than burning through tyres in under 10K.

I'll have to dig out the receipt to find out when I fitted mine, but I am sure I have got around 20,000 miles out of them including rotating back to front.

Damn... Any idea's what would contribute to such massively quick wear? The back tyres are like new

When you say nearly done, how many mm do you have left?? As for the cause...it can only really be down to driving style I imagine. Lots of motorway miles at 70mph are likely to wear them down quicker than lots of town miles at more sedate speeds. That is likely to be the culprit.

When you say nearly done, how many mm do you have left?? As for the cause...it can only really be down to driving style I imagine. Lots of motorway miles at 70mph are likely to wear them down quicker than lots of town miles at more sedate speeds. That is likely to be the culprit.

2mm ish.

The vast majority are motorway yeah.

Still 6k is a joke...

Yeah it is pretty bad that they've worn down to 2mm in 6k miles... Good thing they are cheap(ish) to buy :001_huh:

Sidewall is TOO soft. Look where the rear right tire is and where the wheel is.

IMG_8115.jpg

The tire itself has a lot of grip, however - feedback is awful. It feels like - it has grip, and then all of the sudden, car moves by couple of mm like it's AWD, and you have the feeling there's no grip, BUT they still have grip. Couldn't wait to sell mine and buy a new set of tires.