Goodyear Eagle F1 asymmetric 2 longevity?

Damn. Pretty dramatic.

What do you use now?

At the moment I'm on Hankook Ventus EVO 2 tires but 215/40/17. Much better feedback and I would dare to say - better grip too.
It might be a Placebo effect because I tend to push car faster thanks to the MUCH BETTER feedback due to the stiffer/lower sidewall.

Next year I'll switch to some semislick like R888R when the turbo conversion is done.

Think yourselves lucky - I've managed to get through a full set of Michelin Pilot Sport 3's in under 10k. That's with switching front to back etc.

That's in a Volvo too! Torque kills tyres (so I'm not sure how you've managed it in a Clio! - lol)

Think yourselves lucky - I've managed to get through a full set of Michelin Pilot Sport 3's in under 10k. That's with switching front to back etc.

That's in a Volvo too! Torque kills tyres (so I'm not sure how you've managed it in a Clio! - lol)

PS3 are not in the same performance class like PS2 used to be. They're more of a standard, not performance tyre.

I loved three sets of CSC3's that I had. You should go for a CSC5P.

I had CSC5P when I bought my car, still have them on the rears but replaced the fronts with Eagle F1's - mainly due to price (F1's were about £69 but the Conti's about £85). Can't fault the wet weather performance of either tyre, both very grippy. I wouldn't shy away from the F1's - they can generally be had a ££ cheaper than the Conti's too. When the rears's need doing, I'll definitely be going for F1's again.

When you say nearly done, how many mm do you have left?? As for the cause...it can only really be down to driving style I imagine. Lots of motorway miles at 70mph are likely to wear them down quicker than lots of town miles at more sedate speeds. That is likely to be the culprit.

I think with motorway miles the tyres would last longer in terms of mileage. It's town driving where you're going to wear them out quicker. All the accelerating, stopping and turning etc.

Ordered the Continentals.

The Goodyears on the back are practically new. Not sure if I should stick them on the front?

Last edited: