Good Year Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2s - Any Experience?

I will shortly need 4 new 215/45 17s for my 200RS FF/Cup.

Currently on the Continentals, but the some of the test reports for the GYs seem very good - particularly for low noise levels and compliant ride.

Anyone have any experience, and are they actually more comfortable?

thanks

Loving mine, almost too much grip both in wet dry and the current cold icy conditions.

A lot quieter and comfy than the R888s too :tongueout:

whats wrong with the continentals?? or do you just fancy a change? i went to hankooks but im thinking of going back to the continentals.

I always found Conti's to be too soft so would die quite quickly

Did you get V12's? They're okay for a while but seem to drop off quickly performance wise once below 4mm. Also don't use them on anything turbo'd, they seem to hate torque!

I always found Conti's to be too soft so would die quite quickly

Did you get V12's? They're okay for a while but seem to drop off quickly performance wise once below 4mm. Also don't use them on anything turbo'd, they seem to hate torque!

Might explain why they're so popular around here then :smiley:

Your right about them dropping grip at low tread depths, mine have started to get low just at the wrong time of year. If this was summer I'd scrub them to death and then change, but right now I'm debating taking them off with tread left.

They have done me proud though, several thousand miles and a couple of track days and they've been faultless.

There are regular Tyre Tests that try to establish the relative qualities and characteristics of different tyres, and these can be accessed from most of the tyre retailer websites.

To be honest, I'm a bit sceptical about these. There are too many variables.

It does seem that the Good Years perform very well and the Continentals are more variable. All tyres now have to quote their noise levels and the GYs are substantially quieter - 68 db v 72 db, which may translate to better comfort.

However, objective user reviews can be just as useful. Hence the question.

OK, bought a set of Good Year Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2s.

Correct 215/45 size, but although I ordered 87 loading, 91s were fitted.

First impressions:

- Much quieter and noticeably more compliant than the Contis. Immediately detectable on familiar roads, and even my kids commented.

- Primary ride also seems better

- Subjectively, the steering feels a bit 'meatier' with very good directional stability

- Everything else feels much as before, with of course the added confidence of new tyres.

Overall, very pleased and would definitely recommend these tyres.

Interestingly, the GYs on Speedlines weigh c.1.25 kg per corner more than the Contis on the standard Clio 200 alloys.

Great Tyre :thumbup: I've had few set's of these on previous cars. Excellent in dry, offer decent grip in wet and also they cope very well on track when been pushed hard

Would highly recommend them to anyone wanting good all round tyre :thumbup:

I had the Goodyear F1's and they were terrific but don't forget that a new tyre will nearly always feel better than the ones you just replaced that have gradually got worse over a year or more so it's always difficult to compare unless you do track days and regularly change tyres. Putting a new set of Contis on will also be a huge improvement on the old ones you just took off

They appear to grip a lot better in the wet than the original Conti's I had. They get a lot of good press too so they must be doing something right.

Great Tyre :thumbup: I've had few set's of these on previous cars. Excellent in dry, offer decent grip in wet and also they cope very well on track when been pushed hard

Would highly recommend them to anyone wanting good all round tyre :thumbup:

Might just have to give these a try since i bought car two weeks ago and has winter tyres on and not a bad price at £90 a corner.
Is this a good price?

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m54b2324s...Eff_:_E_Wet_Grip:_A_NoiseClass:_1_Noise:_69dB