Eagle F1's

Big Ben

Loves to rag the VAG!
Paid Member
Replacing tyres and staying with the Eagle F1's

Noticed on black circles that they do a 91 rated tyre for same price as an 87 which is an XL tyre with I assume a reinforced side wall. Anyone on here chose that option?

One criticism I'd have of these tyres is a slightly soft tyre wall and thought if it was reinforced I might get a better feel...

Thoughts anyone.!

I put alloys on my trafic van and was going to use the xl tyres from my van on my scenic as they were same size ish but tyre place said ride would be horrendous. not sure I agree but didn't do it anyway.lol

I have them but cant really comment on the side wall as I never had these before..they cooped quite decent at Oulton park in the wet (not best but didn't go off the track) :laughing:

Last edited:
Reactions: Big Ben
I've got Continental Contisport 5's in the XL sidewall.

Not sure how the sidewall compares directly with a standard one....or those on the F1's. But i wouldnt want anything less firm !

I ran F1s on my R26 on road and track. I have also ran 888/NS2r,and the F1 were very good, particularly in the wet, so good in fact, that when i got Litchys shed, i swapped wheels and tyres over, to keep the F1. The 888,were good for 5/6 laps, but then went off.The ns2 (Medium),were the same,BUT,once reached that point, would then still have good grip. The F1 were very good in the wet, and slightly less so in the dry, but seemed to wear quicker. These comments,dont take account of my (lack) of driving ability, which is a lot slower than the group of guys i am on track with, so your findings might be different to mine.

I ran F1s on my R26 on road and track. I have also ran 888/NS2r,and the F1 were very good, particularly in the wet, so good in fact, that when i got Litchys shed, i swapped wheels and tyres over, to keep the F1. The 888,were good for 5/6 laps, but then went off.The ns2 (Medium),were the same,BUT,once reached that point, would then still have good grip. The F1 were very good in the wet, and slightly less so in the dry, but seemed to wear quicker. These comments,dont take account of my (lack) of driving ability, which is a lot slower than the group of guys i am on track with, so your findings might be different to mine.
I agree with the grip being very good. Bit too much wear on outside edges for my liking but again could be my driving style! Interesting that you preferred them over the others. Would love to try Yokohama AD08R

That's really good tyre wear bud. I'll add them into the equation. Thanks