197: Get my baby back tonight!

Arran

I Love Lamp
Platinum Member
My missus went and picked my car up for me this afternoon the good girl! Lol! Love her to bits I do, the missus isn't too bad either! Ha ha, bit of crappy humour there for you...............

Anyway, Renault Wolverhampton have apparently traced the water in the boot as coming up from the wheel arch. Which probably explains why there wasn't a lot of it and I noticed it more when I washed the car. I will check it over the next few weeks anyway.

I still haven't seen my car, but the other half says they've stuck the door seals either back on or replaced them. She also says the glovebox lid looks better, but all will be revealed when she picks me up in a little while. So I will post back on Renault Wolverhampton's handy work at the soonest possible time.

Well all seems well so far. Only drive abour 8 miles in it, but the issues are mainly visual. The door seals have been done really well, perfect I would say! The glovebox had dropped on one side. I wasn't really bothered about it tbh, but after reading other people getting it done under warranty I thought I may as well. And it looks so much better! Really am pleased with it. The only problem is that the dash board is dimmer on one side than before. Now it could just be coincidence, but seems a bit too much so. Don't know wht I can do about that really. Any ideas?

The boot is still damp, but it might just be from them testing it. It seems the rubber bung in the boot floor fits better, I'm assuming they've replaced it. Other than leaving it and seeing how it goes I can't comment atm.

The rear seats seem to have been properly adjusted and barely move now. Not sure about the boot, but some greese has been put on it again! Lol! So, from what I have seen so far, a fairly successfull trip to Renault Wolverhampton.

my glovebox is the same i tried to get it fixed under warrinty but parks renault claimed that all 197s do it so they would fix it. Bloody wa.nkers lol im gonna take it back again lol

Well they've done mine anyway! Lol! So if they say anything, just say how come Renualt Wolverhampton did it for someone from the car club I am a member of?

be interesting to know if they have fixed the leak.let us know nxt time you wash it mate

With regards to the dash...give it a sligh tap...mine has a habit of doing it when i move the heater dials lol! Its a bit caveman but it works!!

RS Clios have always had ill fitting glovebox doors. My old 182's one didn't sit right, the one in my previous car (R27) didn't and neither does the one in my 200.

Gave the dash a wack, but the light is still dim. Anyone know how to change the bulbs?

Well the leak in the boot hasn't been fixed! Water still getting in there somehow. Little puddle under the tool kit again. It's going to be a right pain if they want it in for 3 days again. Also, the boot is still banging and the clutch pedal still feels loose.

No I haven't, but the water looks like it's coming up rather than tracking down. Only the underside of the carpet is wet. I might have a look myself, just need to find the time.

Similar Thread Suggestions