Gearbox/clutch problem

Alright guys, I've got abit of a problem with my 197. At trax last year is when I noticed it first but it's been doing it recently, when I'm sitting in abit of traffic il keep my foot on the clutch and in gear to save putting the hand break up. I've noticed if I stop a few times and do this or am in traffic for a while with my foot on the clutch from then onwards the clutch pedal feels risen right up high and rebounds really quick when I release, and when I try and make a quick get away when I put my foot down it will rev really high (5k) and then drop to like 3k and then go as normal, almost as if I'm keeping my foot on the clutch still when I'm not, it's a hard problem to explain but I'm wondering If anyone else has had the same problem, try and point me in the right direction to getting it fixed, the cars done 35,000 miles and slips in to get perfectly with no crunches and the clutch works okay too, also if I leave the car to fully cool down (atleast 2 hours) the problem will be fixed untill next time I'm in traffic,*

Cheers Craig*

Craig.

Press the clutch down very slowly. It still should have resistance.

If it goes all the way down withouut, the slave / master cylinder is packing up.

Mine did this, and Renault replaced he parts above

Craig.

Press the clutch down very slowly. It still should have resistance.

If it goes all the way down withouut, the slave / master cylinder is packing up.

Mine did this, and Renault replaced he parts above

Just gave this a go, with the engine on not moving in park, it does have resistance when pushing it slowly,

i would say clutch! you should really keep your foot off the clutch pedal as much as you can. it wears the forks on the pressure plate so the clutch slips more. when your in traffic your foot may creep up slightyly so its heating the clutch up so it slips more........when its left to cool down there will be more friction on the plate untill the next time your sat with ya foot on pedal.

or you could just try back bleeding slave cylinder