Gavroche the Albi Blue 197

So, had my car for about a month now and have done 2,000 miles in that time. Hoping the usage slows down soon as it's costing me quite a bit in petrol. This is him (Please excuse the iPhone pictures, the car is filthy at the moment but as soon as it's shiny again, I'll get the DSLR out)

2vcapuo.jpg

67rxo2.jpg

Came with bonus Milltek which pleases me greatly. Wont be polishing them up as I think they look better a bit more hidden.

2nqcylu.jpg

Anyway, thought you might be interested in a few of the bits I have done to it.

First thing that went in was the stereo. Started on it the moment I got home; Kenwood bluetooth HU with iPhone audio capability. The USB cable goes into the trim, under the steering column and up to a sucker mount in the corner of the windscreen which is useful for sat-nav and means there aren't any cables flying everywhere. Also added the microphone as the one in the HU is hopeless.

244v3id.jpg

I've also added some new speakers. The Pioneer direct replacements in the front (tweeters were a faff.) and I've got some Kenwood 6x9s in the parcel shelf. this was taken directly from my old clio which I managed to sell without a parcel shelf!! I've had the Kenwoods for 4 years now and they're a little tatty having been in 4 cars so will be replaced when the time comes but they provide lots of bass with a wooden board helping the stiffness of the shelf.

8ydmx4.jpg

Car was packed for a holiday in Devon at the time of this picture but you can just see the speaker in the shelf. Car handled a road bike plus far too much other stuff with ease. Still haven't put the rear seat base back in after a week, love the extra noise that comes through. Carting people around this weekend though so that will change, how dull :worried:

2qiqxc6.jpg

I have added the RS steering wheel trim but I don't have a picture of that (I think you all know what it looks like by now) And this sticker on the Passenger side.

29upzpj.jpg

Finally, here is a picture of him all tucked up in the holiday home's bonus garage! There was such a steep slope that the car went on three wheels as it reversed in but clearance was good!

2mrfmhc.jpg

Can't thank you all enough for persuading me to buy one of these (I didn't need much of a push) and thanks for all the advice in all the forums. :smile: Don't know what's next.. needs new tyres soon, a cambelt change in 5k miles and everything that comes with it so.. maybe new wheels to go with some winter tyres? And it would be rude not do add something while the cambelt is being done.. maybe a remap? Oh and need to sort the plates out, you'll never guess what they're going change to..

Ps. Just remembered he also has a K&N panel filter, not sure it does much but there was a slight noise change. It can stay for now.

Booked in with Fred at BTM Performance on the 22nd. Cam-belt service and everything that goes with it.

New tyres on Tomorrow too, Gone for the Dunlop Sport MAxx and I've found them great so far (car came with them on the front) and a bit better lasting that the Contis I've had on previous cars.

Expensive month, worth it though!

Up to date picture -

1545222_10203009135371879_122614627_n.jpg