Front Speaker Help

LiamRS197

Paid Member
Recently purchased a set of the following speakers: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vibe-Slic...791053?hash=item27d9fa680d:g:MLcAAOSwPcVVrlMq

However upon trying to fit the speakers I encountered a problem. My cup features front speakers that are connected via a block connector and two 1mm thick cables (grey and purple)

Now obviously the new speakers feature spade terminals (completely different connection) and it looks as if the cables required will be much thicker as the speakers themselves will draw more power am I guessing. Can anyone shed any light on what the best solution would be, eagerly waiting to get these fitted! Thanks lads :smile:

You can buy an adapter from here < double check it's deffo the right one you need before you order though!

The other option is to simply cut the block connector off and hard wire them directly to the terminals IF the existing wire comes out far enough. If you look at the terminals on your new woofers you can see there's a little hole in the middle, you can thread wire through there and just wrap it round a few times to make a connection.

Thanks mate [MENTION=53806]Mattb_197[/MENTION] I'll have a look at that. My only concern was that I would of thought the speaker cable would need to be thicker in diameter especially if uprated speakers are being installed. However if nobody sees the need to swap the cable over then that's a bonus I guess :smile:

The new speakers can of course give greater performance, but it depends if the amplifier is up to it. If its the factory Renault radio then the original cables should give you no problems.

Managed to get it sorted using the adapters linked above :wink: Just had to order some more for the tweeters as I didn't realise that they have the same connection.

How are these speakers out of interest? Any issues fitting them, particularly the tweeters - do they fit ok in the factory mount?

I've been looking at the custom fit pioneers here but the vibe ones do look to be a better spec and even with having to buy adapters it works out cheaper.

Last edited:
I would love to know what other brands people have tried, I recently seen a guy with Rockford Fosgate Prime, awesome kick ass, those factory stuff really is shocking in todays world. I do like those Vibe's, what id the depth of them speakers???

I would say that no matter what speakers you go for, always invest in some sound deadening. Makes the world of difference to the mid/bass response especially on door speakers. A lot of people seem to go for the pioneer ones I linked due to ease of fitment but there are better options out there.

To improve the sound even further it's best to run component speakers from a dedicated amplifier, as the passive cross over sucks a bit of power and most head units bar a few only kick out about 30-35watts RMS. But your then adding to the complexity with all the wiring involved and increasing the cost significantly. So depends how far you want to go with it really. Could easily run to £500+ going for a decent amped set up with a sub woofer.

How are these speakers out of interest? Any issues fitting them, particularly the tweeters - do they fit ok in the factory mount?

I've been looking at the custom fit pioneers here but the vibe ones do look to be a better spec and even with having to buy adapters it works out cheaper.

Speakers are great mate, they provide more clarity, better mid range and more bass I would say. The tweeters come with adapters to fit straight into the dash board, one thing that I would note is that the tweaters are a pain to remove, I tried with a flat blade and managed to snap one bracket on each tweeter cover although I would of liked an OEM look it's not a great problem as the new tweeters come with covers anyway :smile:

Nice one, might opt for them instead of the Pioneer ones then! £24 cheaper too which is a bonus. Yeah I've heard the tweeter brackets are a PITA to remove.