freelander(19" now fitted page 4)

wheels fitted

fitted the wheels last night, going to use them till the weekend just to make sure they are straight and dont rub before spending money on refurbing them.

DSCF4049.jpg
DSCF4050.jpg
DSCF4053.jpg

first impressions are that they need toning down alot as they are abit blingy.

just need to decide on a colour(photoshop anyone.?)
was thinking dark anthracite but then after fitting i think proper mat black could look even better.
===========================================
few other little mods...
----------------------
one im most proud of is the window tints.
didnt want to spend much on modding the freelander but wanted the rear half windows tinting but wasnt prepared to spend a couple of hundred on getting it done.
i have tried tinting car windows a fews years ago and went quite badly.
but the freelander windows are quite flat and got a bit more patience now.

and if i say so myself it actually went really well. did the side windows first and then did the rear. did allthe heating it to the shape of the window and everything this time.
there are just a few tiny bits under the film on 1 of the side windows where i wiped it with the wrong cloth, but unless pointed out you wouldnt notice them.

so for enough dark smoke film to do all back half it cost me £40(ebay)
------------------------------------------------------------

replaced all the nasty green and gold badges with some nice black and brushed ally from the range rover sport.

blackgrillbadge.jpg

------------------------------------------------------
bought a spare wheel cover and even replaced the green/gold badge on that.
(the lump in the spare wheel cover is from a bike rack bracket)

DSCF4055.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------
when i sold the 197 i took the footwell lighting out,its been sat in the shed since so thought i woul;d put them to some use. help felix to see while putting his seat belt on at night...

DSCF4052.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------
also replaced all the bulbs for LED's.

Not that different tbh.
Was a little worried it ould crash over bumps but suspension still seams to soak them up.

As far as I can tell yeh, but cycologicaly I can tell it needs a new rear tyre.

I will be honest Jase I quite like them as they are at the moment. If anything they could do with being slightly darker but not by much, just less in-your-face.

If you want any colours etc doing I can but I didn't think anything would look good!

Your a star Paul.
Liking the very dark anthracite more than black I think.?

Yeah I wasn't keen on the black - maybe gloss would be better, as you know though I have a thing for Anthracite and I think the Freebie suits it quite well!

mate my 197 is up 4 sale due to a baby on the way so 4x4 is the next thing to get ......whats your views on your FL mate dont really want a X5 due to high fuel costs ! ta

I've grown quite fond of the Freelander tbh.
The only thing I would say is get the TD4. The 1.8 petrol can be a little thirsty.
The 3 door for me is great as most of the time it's just 2 of us in the car and I like the idea I can take the roof off in the summer.
As a 4x4 it's more than capable and more so than most. In the heavy snow and ice sheffield had end of December I never got stuck and found myself using certain roads just to see how capable it was.
The boot size is is great as I found out some 4x4 don't have that big of a boot.

i find it fine though Si. drove all way down to stanstead airport last weekend no discomfort at all.

I think Si is on about the original Land Rover and the various updates. You sit very close to the doors.

Ah, the defender.
Old defenders are really awful to drive if your used to cars.
Mate has one for greenlaning.

finally got around to getting them powdercoated.
turned out 100% better than i imagined. :smile:
cost me £30 per wheel at a place in chesterfield.
they are a colour called iodine, they change in certain light from metalic anthracite to black to similar colour to car to flat battleship grey.

before...
2a6ab695.jpg
DSCF4081.jpg
DSCF4080.jpg
DSCF4079.jpg
DSCF4073.jpg
DSCF4069.jpg
DSCF4082.jpg

Last edited: