For Sale section - Changes again! (29/01/11)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike

Gestapo
Platinum Member
So the attempts put it in place to stop the spamming worked.

But it caused too many problems on here, and seemed as popular as Jedward, so Jase has decided to revert to the old way.

You can post as normal in the For Sale section, but bumping of threads and spamming will not be allowed.

You still need to have 100 posts and have been a member on here for 30 days before you can post. Or if you become a Paid, Gold or Platinum member, you'll get immediate posting in the for sale section :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

Now, book you ferry for the Nürburgring ring trip or else :ban: :woody: :f1team07:

Good to see that common sense prevailed.

Absolutely - i dont quite understand the no bumping of your thread, if its fallen off the end of the page providing your not bumping every day then wheres the issue? How about a rule where you can bump the thread no more than every 7 days?

Not an issue if theres not alot of items for sale of course! :smile:

I would say that if your item has not sold by the time it falls off the bottom of the page then you may have a better chance of selling the item on eBay.
All the forums I use have a no bumping or spamming rule.
If it something genuine like a price drop then that is fine.

Fair comment Jase, some don't like ebay because of the costs, there are other forums though and like you say, if it aint selling then you need to drop the price.... or i guess possibly wait a couple of months then re-advertise it?

Seems like the whole "this post has been deleted" pish is back again (More freedom in North Korea than our FS section). Wtf is the problem with having some comments?

Seems like the whole "this post has been deleted" pish is back again (More freedom in North Korea than our FS section). Wtf is the problem with having some comments?

Bit of a ****in joke tbh.

I seen some replies on my thread last night about the 200 and I come on this morning and they are gone.

:clap:

Its because you are now a member of staff that you can see those and there is a thread in the reps section that you should read.

Last edited:
you mean replies like "i wish i had the money" or "oh thats so nice i will think about it"

there not about the "sale" of the car or item and therefore go

yep - deleted as per for "sale rules" and as jase wanted

Ah right. So a post which says "I'd take it if you werent so far away" isnt relevant to the sale of the item. Perhaps the seller would have come back and suggested paying for a courier to ship the item? Which might suit the interested party? Which in turn could have resulted in the sale of said item?

Ah right. So a post which says "I'd take it if you werent so far away" isnt relevant to the sale of the item. Perhaps the seller would have come back and suggested paying for a courier to ship the item? Which might suit the interested party? Which in turn could have resulted in the sale of said item?

IMO this shouldn't contribute to spam.

Spam is glws sale, why selling so soon etc.

comments were left on there so the seller could see them and if they wanted it so bad then they can pm them etc

the price of the car has been dropped many times so if someone is keen for it they would contact them

you can please some of the people some of the time.....

comments were left on there so the seller could see them and if they wanted it so bad then they can pm them etc

the price of the car has been dropped many times so if someone is keen for it they would contact them

you can please some of the people some of the time.....

Tbh the only ones your pleasing with the state the FS section is moderated is yourself and Jase.

All other members prefer the more relaxed (You call it spam) way of running.

And my post wasnt referenced towards Adams thread it was the dude selling most of his performance parts.

Whats the point in having a section dedicated to selling of stuff if you've to pm every time? May as well get rid of it.

And with regard to Adams FS thread. The guy in his thread was asking if the car still had the recaros as Adam has been thinking about selling them separately. Surely this is good information to know for the prospective buyer?

Last edited:
Tbh the only ones your pleasing with the state the FS section is moderated is yourself and Jase.

And my post wasnt referenced towards Adams thread it was the dude selling most of his performance parts.

Whats the point in having a section dedicated to selling of stuff if you've to pm every time? May as well get rid of it.

And with regard to Adams FS thread. The guy in his thread was asking if the car still had the recaros as Adam has been thinking about selling them separately. Surely this is good information to know for the prospective buyer?

oops sorry for following the rules as wanted by jase

its a tough call at times with comments but if they are not about the sale of the item which the vast arent then they go

oops sorry for following the rules as wanted by jase

its a tough call at times with comments but if they are not about the sale of the item which the vast arent then they go

So the question asking if the new price still included the Recaros wasn't about the sale of my car no?

:zomg:

I'd take it if you werent so far away
why not just ask, if can postage be arranged.? as a seller i would have a better idea the person is interested.

the moderators are just doing as they have been asked by myself.
if you dont like or cant follow the sale thread rules, then dont buy or sell through the site.

adams thread is for the sale of a car not seats. if the terms of the sale have changed then adam should put that in the thread.

i would appreciate it if as staff next time you have an issue to raise you do it in the staff area.staff are are expected not to fan the flames.

Status
Not open for further replies.