Flat Spot

I tested this on my way into work this morning -

4th gear, 2500rpm then pressed pedal hard and car pulled straight away, could hear the valve open as planted throttle and was fine up to and above 3k rpm...

I can't say for sure my car hasn't been remapped in the past, but it's certainly stock exhaust and I've swapped the panel filter for a PiperCross one.

For reference, I have cable tied the MAP sensor as per the thread on here.

I tested this on my way into work this morning -

4th gear, 2500rpm then pressed pedal hard and car pulled straight away, could hear the valve open as planted throttle and was fine up to and above 3k rpm...

I can't say for sure my car hasn't been remapped in the past, but it's certainly stock exhaust and I've swapped the panel filter for a PiperCross one.

For reference, I have cable tied the MAP sensor as per the thread on here.
I think OP was on about messing with the exhaust rather than completely stock, unless I've read your reply wrong ☺.

My normal driving is between 1500rpm and 2000rpm in town, people hate me for it especially those who drive derv and like their torque off the line but I don't really pull off hard around town there's next to no point to stop 5 meters down the road again. Only time I'll sit within 2 and 3k is going up hills but I usually shift in to 2nd and keep the revs high to avoid labouring and flatspot.

Mostly on the limiter though

I think OP was on about messing with the exhaust rather than completely stock, unless I've read your reply wrong ☺.

My normal driving is between 1500rpm and 2000rpm in town, people hate me for it especially those who drive derv and like their torque off the line but I don't really pull off hard around town there's next to no point to stop 5 meters down the road again. Only time I'll sit within 2 and 3k is going up hills but I usually shift in to 2nd and keep the revs high to avoid labouring and flatspot.

Mostly on the limiter though 

Yeah OP was on about changing the exhaust :smile: I've seen soooo many people (modified and stock) talking about the "flat-spot" on the forum though I figured I'd throw my own test in.

Used to drive my old Focus (Petrol) around/below the 2K rpm range but that just doesn't seem to fly in the Clio. Generally upshift a bit higher now during "normal" driving - 2.5K-3Krpm

I find that changing down too low (below 2K rpm) in the Clio, when you shift and bring the clutch back up, it's never smooth and feels like the car is trying to stop itself from stalling and the revs blip. Much smoother to be a little higher in the range.