Flat Spot

Hi guys,

Could you guys explain me what do you mean when you say "Flat Spot" concerning the DECAT ?

I am thinking of decating my 197, but i donno wherethere i should do it without remaping it for the beggining.

Will i loose some power or gain ? I am after a good sound :smile: :smile: :smile:

Thanks all!

You'll get a good noise no doubt.

A flatspot to me ( mines worst than most with both cats missing ) literally feels like an aggressive misfire between 2500 and 3000RPM. When driving normally it won't affect drive, only when loading the engine across that range will you experience it. Imagine flooring it and getting a couple seconds hesitation where the car shakes, pops and generally struggles to run. And then it's gone.

A flatspot :smile:

basically the car holds back slightly between 2500-3000rpm, when you hit 3000rpm the car will suddly accelerate, but this only happen on load, if you gun it through the gears you wont see it.

So basicaly i shouldnt go for decat ??

Do you gain some sort of power on the higher rev range ?

Why does it create a flat spot ? is it due to the lambda ? or because of the cat?

thanks!

Last edited:
mine does that in cold without remap.. in morning i let mine run for at least 5mins before jumping in it.

Decat requires a remat.. you will just get so annoyed with trying to boot it and the car telling you 'f' off for a minuit haha

its a lack of torque/ummph at about 2500rpm - or more like after 2500rpm the torque curve is stronger and the engine pulls strong and clean

i've only ever had a noticeable flat spot once when on a hill the power died and then came back, it was after i just bought the car with 4k on the clock, it had been sitting hardly used for 3+years, ever since driving the car hard & often it hasn't happened again so i put it down to it being out of use for so long

apart from that when i pull away from lights it sometimes hesitates, but i reckon its just because im not revving it enough