Flacsi's Racing Red 197

Hello people, I also think it's time to start a project thread for my little one!

I bought it 5 years ago in mid July, 2010, with 33k km on the clock, 3 years old, full fat, non-cup, completely OEM.
At the beginning of August 2010, took her to the first ever track-day for her and for me as well at Hungaroring, just to become friends:smile:
Then I started my learning curve, mainly collecting the information from here and from Takacs Motorsport, who builds R3 Clios for rallye teams in Hungary.

the mods (newest first):
- Recaro CS subframe to reduce the silly heigth position
- Powerflex upper engine mount
- high flow green filter
- R3 carbon air box
- AC removed
- OZ Ultraleggera 17" 8J ET55, weight 7.9kg
- AST 5100 coil overs with custom spring rates: 80 Nm front and 110 Nm back
- Quaife ATB helical LSD differential
- Full River HC 20 battery
- PROEX exhaust
- UltraRacing front upper strut bar
- UltraRacing rear trunk brace
- UltraRacing rear anti-roll bar
- Recaro CS seats
- adjustable top mounts from @simoxmino - front 2,5° camber
- Ferodo DS3000/2500 pads in front
- Goodridge brake lines

Weight reduction 80.8kg:
- OZ wheels 10.4kg, 2,4kg less unsprung weight per wheel
- rear seats and carpets 22.4kg
- rear seat belts 7.3kg
- rear door plastics 1.5kg
- isofix bar 3kg
- rear wiper & motor 1.2kg
- battery change 11kg
- head unit & speakers 2.5kg
- windscreen washer bottle 4.5kg
- exhaust silencer change 17kg

Tyres used:
- Dunlop Direzza 03g - awesome, thx @simoxmino again :smile:
- Michelin used rallye slicks - sold
- Toyo R888 GG - sold
- Dunlop Sportmaxx - OEM

Couple of videos:

Please find attached further pics here:
https://www.flickr.com/gp/106874115@N05/sy0672

18492091294_de4a29e523_h.jpgOZ Ultras by Tamás Flatsker, on Flickr

Last edited:
Mainly using my little one on trackdays at Hungaroring and Slovakiaring.
For time-keeping, i have an iPhone 4 + Harry's LapTimer.

my first ever lap time at Hungaroring was in the range of 2min 33 sec, then I started to improve, thanks to TeZe, who spent couple of sessions with me on track and showed where are the apex and brake-points, how not to kill the outer shoulder of my front tires in 3 laps!

currenlty my best lap time is 2:21'91 sec, with the mods up to Recaro seats.
Slovakiaring: 2:49'12 with used rallye slicks.

hoping to shave off few seconds this season with the new Quafie diff!! and the weight savings due to lighter battery :smile:
next event is 11th April, hope the diff will be installed until then!

Last edited:
this is how I installed the new battery, thanks Steve11 from Oz:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
Hello Tamas! Nice one mate, make sure you report back after fitting and trying the diff. Also make sure you remove that black sticker from the bonnet, looks terrible IMO! Are the ferodos very noisy? How do you find the brake dust?

it took me some time to find out how to post properly a picture-many thanks Yiannis for your help, and here is the result :smile:

16790949008_be22b47114_k.jpgUntitled by Fl@csi, on Flickr

Last edited:
Hello Tamas! Nice one mate, make sure you report back after fitting and trying the diff. Also make sure you remove that black sticker from the bonnet, looks terrible IMO! Are the ferodos very noisy? How do you find the brake dust?

The Ferodos only make noise when cold! after warm up lap/few brakings the noise disappear and sounds normal!
wonderring to install them on the rear as well fo this season, but as under braking, there is not much weight on the rear axle, maybe its wasting of money

clutch stays as is -OEM- however I have to change the clutch-release bearing. And the lower engine mount gone as well, unexpected costs :worried:
I replace both of them with genuine renault parts.

Good stuff mate. Next time you are in the garage ask some info about those 2 pot calipers which are on that rear axle!