Flacsi's Racing Red 197

Definately. Think of taking mine off tbh. Not convinced there's that much difference. I think it's more the standard rubber going and if you replace with standard, would have a better outcome.

I will have a try now. As its not a daily commuter, its not an issue to have bit more vibrations. But better if the engine does not move, when accelerating and lifting of the gas.

10 times better losing the wrap on the front. lovely car mate

Thx Russ!

Can I ask an advise on front brake pads for trackdays, pls?
Plan is to go for Ferodo DS3000 or CL RC5+ or 6, BUT....

But the question is -keeping in mind that we are amateurs- whats the point to go for the 2 or 3* more expensive RC6 brake pads than the DS300?

Apparently the top engine mount causes all the vibrations though?
Yiannis if you fit the lower(dogbone),upper torque arm and gearbox bush you will have a slight increase in vibrations but it is well justified by much more precise ride..i personaly wouldnt bother with the upper engine mount,which is known for causing bad vibrations...

This is what I thought mate. Currently I've got the gearbox and lower one and I don't mind the slight vibrations at all. At some point I'll fit the top stabiliser and job is a good one:smile:

Currently the left hand drive version is available for sale if there is any interest!

Currently working on the RHD version, if anyone can help, how it differs from LHD, we can produce this as well, having lower labour cost here in Hungary.
Szia, the frame work, does this not drop the seat to low and then the seats belts are sitting to high, are you also lowering the seat belt housing? or you doing 4 point belts? BTW szép munka!

nope it drops by 6-7cm, the upper point of the seatbelt is height-changeable. The seat completely works and looks as OEM.

Szia, the frame work, does this not drop the seat to low and then the seats belts are sitting to high, are you also lowering the seat belt housing? or you doing 4 point belts? BTW szép munka!

Front bumper removed to be able to fit the last piece of the airbox.
Have to say its a f... time consuming exercise to prepare the model-fit-prepare the final version as being not R3 compatible, but I will get there soon :smile:

Thanks to Fred nice idea on brake cooling, I will solve this as well, while the bumper is off!

25692781962_86bad1f5ab_h.jpgUntitled by Tamás Flatsker, on Flickr

25513057310_be19811e33_o.jpgUntitled by Tamás Flatsker, on Flickr

To be honest I never planned to do that and I don't think I will, to much of an effort for no real benefits. I do like the above setup though:smile:

@Yianni, just switch to a racing battery -like mine- which is way lighter and you can put it below passenger seat.
then you just need to relocate the header tank and install acces/V6 airbox!
Which gives huge amount of cold air to the engine!
to compare: I run at sea-level, you run at 2000 m height for a half marathon, who's gonna win ?

To be honest I never planned to do that and I don't think I will, to much of an effort for no real benefits. I do like the above setup though:smile:

Alot of hacking, and rewiring I'm sure. Not a cheap mod IMHO. How much cooler air do you need? I think the air is cool enough in the UK. :wink:
the engine still needs to build up Temp to be firing properly, too much cold air delays the build up, so benefits are only great on huge lengthy runs when the motor is been rev'd high. My 2 cents / penny etc.

last piece of the airbox installed! Needs some fine tuning, but I am nearly there!
Have to cut the carbon tube to leave at least 0.5cm between the airbox tube. A rubber hose will connect them and leaves them some flexibility, as the engine moves, better not to brake anything.

26237490042_159a06c329_b.jpgIn by Tamás Flatsker, on Flickr

26329904455_d14380bc06_b.jpgIn by Tamás Flatsker, on Flickr

26237489912_c9188ded75_b.jpgIn by Tamás Flatsker, on Flickr

Carbon mirrors! These look awesome man! so sleek!
Are they from italy? do you have a link were to get these from?

Last edited: