Roy

clio197.net legend
Got some new metal plates for Xmas
Whats the best stuff to stick them on with
So I can inter change them????

Double sided velcro stuff I suppose?!

Halfrauds do it!

I rember yours from last year Mike at the national meet
They fell off then you drove off with the show plates still attached:rofl::rofl:

I like to see the plates (metal) in the proper plastic surounds (rear) and on the fron i used the number plate sticky pads however these are rubbish once used once however do not un stick due to heat.

You got some metal ones havn't you Roy, me too can't wait to see pics of yours. I just drilled mine and used the original screw holes in the bumper. Not interchangeable very quickly but more secure.

Had some on my old car and had them on with sticky pads and in time they came off. So I drilled some holes in mine and screwed them on with colour coded caps (white and yellow)

double sided sticky pads from yr local motor factors is what u want,strong as an ox,would take a tank to pull my pressed plates off

I've always used Velcro or halfrauds sticky pads easy to sip on and off then

Or tiger seal if ya never want the buggers to budge :wink:

You got some metal ones havn't you Roy, me too can't wait to see pics of yours. I just drilled mine and used the original screw holes in the bumper. Not interchangeable very quickly but more secure.

Yes Angel will get some pics up when they are fitted.i don't want to screw them on so I can get them of easier to clean
Some one told me like A2ON they do sleeves to put them in I will have a look

I used double sided adhesive and Velcro, can't be too safe, don't want them falling off, I stuck loads on mine!!

Problem is that the front plate is curved around the bumper, think you need to screw it down to get it sitting right.

Some of the halfords pads are quite thick and very sticky (maybe not in this weather though)

With metal plates make sure you only press the plates were the sticky pads are, they soon bend if you press in the wrong place.

Might be worth trying to put the curve in the front plate before fixing

Magnets.

Don't follow convention, use magnets to hold them to the bootlid and, erm, Aluminium bonn... Oh, that's not going to work is it... :smiley:

Tesco do a superhuman strentgh Velcro, or ''Hooks & Loops'' as they call it. Costs around £2.00 for a big packet and is insanely strong.

If all else fails get some tiger seal on em mate, the only way they coming off is bringing the paint with em...:rofl:

No probs Roy, I use the stuff for holding Renaultsport plates on for trackdays, never had one go missing yet.

If all else fails get some tiger seal on em mate, the only way they coming off is bringing the paint with em...:rofl:

And bumper, and cross member, and bulkhead... :smiley:

I used some sticky pads from the local motorfactor, they work good. But if you want to take them off quite frequently, I would say your best bet is to either screw them on or buy some cages and screw them on.